LIVE: All the carnage and chaos Storm Eunice has caused so far

Winds are reaching highs of 122mph across parts of the UK

Storm Eunice is taking over the UK and absolutely ravaging the country. Millions of people in the south of England and Wales have been advised to stay inside, whilst winds of up to 122mph rampage on.

Schools have closed, transport links are facing disruption and universities like Bristol have cancelled in-person teaching. Here’s all the Storm Eunice live updates as we have them:

4.30pm – Power station in Kent collapses

3.15pm – Sky reporter battered by winds

Why make them do this x

3.00pm – London Fire Brigade declares ‘major incident’

The London Fire Brigade has declared a major incident in response to the volume of 999 calls being taken in relation to Storm Eunice.

The service said it received 550 calls between 10.30am and 1pm – more than the average usually taken in a 24-hour period.

1.40 pm – People in London sent flying

1.30pm – All trains in and out of London Euston cancelled

Network Rail has stopped all trains running in and out of London Euston due to Storm Eunice.

Almost the entire London Tube network is suspended or suffering from severe delays.

1.20pm – Filming outside the Shard is in shambles

1.10pm – Somerset church falls

The BBC has footage of a large church spire crashing to the ground in Wells, Somerset, about an hour ago.

1pm – Power cuts in the South-West and Wales

More than 40,000 people in the south-west of England and Wales suffered power cuts on Friday, Western Power Distribution said.

12.50pm – London’s O2 Arena damaged by Storm Eunice

Part of the roof of London’s O2 Arena, one of the UK’s leading entertainment venues, has been “shredded”.

Video shows the significant damage caused by Storm Eunice as winds topped 50mph in London:

12.00pm – Heavy snow in Scotland

11am – Big Jet TV live stream

The Big Jet TV team are documenting a live stream of London Heathrow airport’s landing strip. Over 185,000 people have joined to watch big planes trying to land during the storm.

10am – Isle of Wight winds hit 110mph

Winds of up to 110mph have been recorded at the Needles lighthouse on the Isle of Wight.

9am – Government’s Cobra emergency committee to meet

The government’s emergency response committee Cobra will meet this afternoon to discuss the response to Storm Eunice, No 10 has confirmed.

8.40am – BA cancels a number of flights

British Airways has cancelled “a number of flights” due to severe gales across the UK.

BA’s online flight status checker currently shows nearly 40 cancelled flights that had been due to leave London Heathrow between 8am and 2pm today.

8.20am – Cornwall and Devon are being battered by Storm Eunice

The north coasts of Cornwall and Devon are being battered by Storm Eunice, with councils urging people not to travel unless absolutely necessary and many schools across the region closed.

[tikok]

@officialnataliacartmell Wow this storm is really taking down seaside towns in Cornwall 😥 #KindAndFree #fyp #LinkBudsNeverOff #foryoupage #storm #stormeunice #scary #weather ♬ original sound – Natalia Cartmell

[/tiktok]

Around 700 homes in Cornwall are without power. Exeter, Bristol and Cardiff airport have cancelled some flights.

8.00am – Red weather warning issued

The Met Office has updated its red weather warning to include the east of England including London. The 90mph winds mean millions of people have been told to stay indoors.

The Met Office has warned the storm could cause “significant disruption and dangerous conditions due to extremely strong winds”, they said.

This story is being updated live.