Karren Brady net worth

Right, so just how rich is Karren Brady and how did she make her money?

Spoiler alert: VERY

The Apprentice honestly wouldn’t be the same without the frosty glare of Baroness Karren Brady, with her disapproving face spawning hundreds of memes year after year as she accompanies the hapless business wannabes on their tasks and assignments. When Margaret Mountford departed the show in 2009, it felt like nobody could replace her. Thankfully, Karren filled her shoes with ease and is now an essential part of The Apprentice and an absolute fan favourite. But how did Karren Brady become someone of note to Lord Sugar? What is the net worth of Karren Brady, and how did she make all her money?

Karren Brady net worth

Our unimpressed queen

What is Karren Brady’s net worth?

Karren Brady is a formidable businesswoman, but even before that she was born into significant wealth thanks to her father Terry Brady who made a fortune with his printing business. With all her business assets totalled, Karren Brady’s net worth sits between the 85 million and the 93 million mark. Spears put it at 85 million, with The Richest estimating it to be at 93.4 million. Either way, LOADS.

How did Karren Brady make her money?

Karren Brady is noteworthy for making her money and increasing her net worth via the sports industry, particularly football, when she was constantly underestimated and told she couldn’t. She champions women in business avidly. Her career started out in advertising, where she eventually met David Sullivan who was the publisher in charge of the Daily Sport. Sullivan was so impressed with Karren Brady that he made her one of the company’s directors when she was only 20 years old.

Karren then persuaded Sullivan to buy Birmingham City FC and to let her run it. In an iconic quote, he told her that she’d have to be twice as good as man to do so and she replied “Well, that’s not difficult.” There was sexism in the role that Brady faced, with one player telling her “I can see your tits from here” on the team bus. Karren Brady replied “When I sell you to Crewe, you won’t be able to see them from there, will you?” She then actually sold him a few months later. Queen!

Via BBC

Karren left Birmingham City to become the vice-chair for West Ham United. She’s currently still with the club, where she’s now the CEO.

The Apprentice 2023 continues on BBC One on Thursdays. Catch up on the season so far by rewatching the episode on BBC iPlayer.