These are all the real life filming locations from Stay Close on Netflix

So can I go to Vipers, or?

If you’re looking for a drama full of shocks and thrills, Stay Close on Netflix is definitely for you. The series is based on the book of the same name by Harlan Coben – and his adaptations are historically some of the best psychological thrillers Netflix has. Coben’s original book was based in Atlantic City, so Stay Close needed to find some aesthetically pleasing filming locations to give justice to how it was originally thought out – and that it did.

The series follows a number of people who all have secrets in life, which quickly begin to unravel as a huge missing person’s case is launched in the area. From the houses the characters live in, to if Vipers nightclub is actually a place – here are all the real life filming locations used in Stay Close on Netflix.

A lot of the Stay Close filming took place in locations across Blackpool

All the real life filming locations of Stay Close on Netflix and where the show is set

via Netflix

A lot of the scenes filmed around the area the cast are meant to be living in are filmed along the front in Blackpool. This includes a huge police chase scene near the end of the show which takes place right across the beach with the Central Pier Big Wheel in the background.

via Google Maps

Vipers nightclub – Formby and Manchester

Vipers nightclub in Stay Close on Netflix

via Netflix

The outside shots of Vipers nightclub were filmed in Formby. The club used for the outside shots is the former Shorrocks Hill which is now disused. The health club and spa closed in 2015 and has since reportedly been left to rot – but it was once a hot spot for celebrities and footballers in the area.

via Google Maps

The interior shots were filmed somewhere else. In real life, the club scenes were filmed inside the nightclub Impossible in Manchester.

The Dream Head – St Helens

All the real life filming locations of Stay Close on Netflix and where the show is set, Dream Head Statue

via Netflix

This statue features a lot in Stay Close and it’s one of the filming locations you can visit in real life. The statue is a meeting point for Megan and Ray in the show, and detective Broome and Erin visit there a number of times, too. The real statue is called The Dream Head, and is just off the M62 between Liverpool and Manchester – in St Helens.

It was was unveiled back in 2009 and is open to the public every day with a number of walks in the surrounding area. It doesn’t actually look as though you can go inside, like Megan and Ray did, though.

The woods – Chorley

via Netflix

The scenes in the woods took place in a privately owned farm in Chorley. The location manager for Stay Close said in an interview they had to look specifically for a wooded area which contained some ruins, and they chose an area in Chorley.

Hannibal’s Animals shop – Manchester

via Netflix

In the series, Megan visits lawyer Harry in a shop called Hannibal’s Animals. The real shop is in Ashton-under-Lyne in Manchester, and is a carpet shop.

via Google Maps

Megan and Dave’s house – Didsbury

The house of Megan and Dave in Stay Close on Netflix in real life

via Netflix

The real house used for Megan and Dave and their family in the show is in Springdale Gardens in Manchester. The property is located in a lovely, leafy suburb of Didsbury.

via Google Maps

Lorraine’s flat – Morecambe Bay

via Netflix

Lorraine’s flat is situated in Morecambe Bay, with views right across the bay to the Lake District.

The bridge – Runcorn

via Netflix

We see this bridge throughout the show a lot, as characters drive to different places. In real life this is the Silver Jubilee Bridge, which connects Widnes to Runcorn over the River Mersey in north west England.

via Google Maps

Megan and Dave’s wedding – Arley Hall & Gardens

via Netflix

The final episode sees the wedding of Megan and Dave – where the final shocking twist in the show becomes apparent. The wedding was shot at Arley Hall & Gardens in Cheshire. The stunning country house is a stately home, known for having some of the most picturesque gardens in Europe. You can book your wedding there, with barns and gardens available for the ceremony and a number of function spaces on site.

A number of things been filmed there – including TV series Brassic, Netflix series The Irregulars and a TV advert for Footasylum. It was also Tommy Shelby’s house in Peaky Blinders.

Stay Close is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.