Everyone on TikTok is making 2022 vision boards and this is how to create yours
Finally I can have an aesthetic desktop background
It’s the time of year where you spend the first week of January planning all the new ways you can become the best version of yourself (whatever that means). For many this involves setting goals, creating resolutions and planning projects that by February you’ve completely abandoned. And on TikTok some people are going even further and creating their vision board for 2022.
You’ll have definitely seen them all over your FYP featuring aesthetic images from Pinterest of Scandiesque girls drinking green juices or champagne, hanging out on yachts complete with effortlessly blow dried curls and an equally attractive group of friends. The majority of vision boards are along the lines of the “that girl” aesthetic who is essentially the new it girl of TikTok. She eats healthy, works out, wears the best clothes and always prioritises her self care.
@nicolelaurenmedia I’m obsessed tho #visionboard #foryou #manifesting ♬ original sound – Tik Toker
Long gone are the days of creating a physical vision board though. People are either creating TikToks with a montage of images as their mood board or using TikTok to show the process of creating a vision mood for their laptop background. Scrolling through TikTok it really gives off the feeling of creating collages on Tumblr, WeHeartIt and Polyvore when we were younger. For a New Years trend it feels harmless and fun, and now all I want to do is learn how to create the most aesthetic vision board possible.
This is how to create your 2022 TikTok vision board:
There are two common methods you can use for creating a vision board, the first is on Powerpoint and the other is on apps.
The first method
1. Go to Pinterest.
2. Save images of things that inspire you.
3. Open Powerpoint or Google Slides.
4. Create a new slide show and delete everything off it so it’s a plain background.
5. Import your photos in from Pinterest.
6. Move them around and edit until you’re happy.
7. Save as an image and set as your desktop background.
The second method
A variety of apps are available to use to create your vision board which provide more text and graphic options. The most popular seem to be Canva and The Landing.
This is how to use The Landing:
1. Save images from Pinterest.
2. Head to Thelanding.app on your desktop.
3. Click “Get started” in the top right hand corner.
4. Enter your details for a free login.
5. Create your board using the steps provided.
6. You can use images from other users boards by selecting the “remix” option.
7. To save your image head to the “Share” button and scroll down to “download image” which will save as a png.
8. Set as your desktop background.