MrBeast YouTube

Meet MrBeast: The YouTuber who gives away millions of dollars to random people

I will never get over the fact his real name is Jimmy

The name MrBeast is everywhere right now but no one seems to know much about him or his personal life beyond YouTube. We all just know he makes ridiculous amounts of money by pulling off wild stunts on his YouTube channel and giving away millions of dollars and insane prizes to random people. But he’s actually one of YouTube’s biggest creators which makes sense considering how much he earns from his career in social media.

It’s safe to say MrBeast is a bit of a mystery despite how much he posts online, so here’s everything you could possibly ever want to know about him. Including his love life, net worth, how much he earns from YouTube in a year and even how he properly rose to fame. But let’s start with the fact his name isn’t actually MrBeast:

MrBeast’s real name is Jimmy Donaldson

At the age of 23-years-old, MrBeast is one of the most-viewed creators on YouTube. He’s known for creating insane videos with wild budgets, his most recent one is his recreation of Netflix’s Squid Game. But MrBeast isn’t actually  his real name, he was born on 7 May 1998 as Jimmy Donaldson in Kansas – how mad is that??

He grew up in North Carolina where he graduated from Greenville Christian Academy, a private secondary school in his local area. And then he briefly attended East Carolina University before dropping out after just two weeks.

His net worth is reportedly around the $25 million mark

A lot of people wonder how MrBeast actually makes his money and what his net worth is. The website Celebrity Net Worth claims his net worth is $25 million dollars and also reported in 2020 MrBeast earned $24 million from his YouTube channel, merchandise sales and sponsorships with brands like Microsoft.

MrBeast is dating an Instagram model

via @mrbeast on Instagram

MrBeast has been together with his 21-year-old girlfriend, Maddy Spidell since June 2019 when they met through Twitter. Their relationship was publicly announced on MrBeast’s Instagram, though both of them keep their relationship private.

Maddy has over 329,000 followers on Instagram and her aesthetic couldn’t be less MrBeast if she tried but they seem like a very fit couple.

He started YouTube when he was 13-years-old

13-year-old Jimmy Donaldson started his YouTube career back in February 2012. He posted videos under the username MrBeast6000 and for the first few years his videos flopped. But then he began going through all the current trends at the time like playing Minecraft or Call of Duty and commented on YouTube drama. He also made several videos throughout the years trying to work out how much money PewDiePie and other huge YouTubers make off of YouTube.

Then in 2015 he began to gain a following because of this viral video where we made fun of YouTuber introductions. Then by mid-2016, MrBeast hit 30,000 subscribers. But then he enrolled at East Carolina University where he only lasted two weeks before dropping out. He told his mum: “I’d rather be poor than do anything besides YouTube.”

MrBeast had his first big viral video back in January 2017

He uploaded a video showing himself counting to 100,000 which he later revealed took 44 hours. Then after that video went viral, MrBeast clocked what the YouTube algorithm liked and he began doing more stunts to get a bigger following. Like when he spun a fidget spinner for 24 hours and watched Jake Paul’s music video to It’s Everyday Bro for 10 hours straight. Then by November 2017 he reached over one million subscribers.

His video watching Jake Paul’s music video has reached over 26 million views, you can watch it here.

Now he pulls of wild stunts on his channel

MrBeasts invests hours into every stunt. He’s the king of last-person-to-leave challenges where he gives out thousands of dollars. Such as the video where he gave someone a Lamborghini if they were the last person to remove their hand from the car in a group of people.

He once opened a car dealership where he gave out cars for free and he’s also known to hand out thousands of dollars to small streamers on Twitch, YouTube and to waitresses and Uber drivers in person. His most popular video is of him spending 50 hours in solitary confinement, the video has over 152 million views so far and was released one year ago.

His childhood friends work for him on his channel

MrBeast

via @mrbeast on Instagram

MrBeast’s best childhood friends, Chris, Chandler, Garret and Jake all work for him and his channel. They often make cameos in some of his wildest last-person-to-leave challenges like when they survived 24 hours straight in the Bermuda Triangle – as you do.

MrBeast earned the title of is YouTube’s biggest philanthropist in 2018

In case you didn’t know already, a philanthropist is someone who looks to donate a generously big amount of money to good causes, like charities. And in 2018 MrBeast reached the milestone of having donated $1 million through his wild videos. Then in 2019 he launched a fundraising campaign called #TeamTrees which saw him play around 20 million trees by the end of the year. For this campaign he also received donations from huge figures like Elon Musk and Jeffree Star.