celebrities who like Love Island

Stormzy, Margot Robbie and Lily James: All the celebs who are big fans of Love Island

A few of them are in a WhatsApp group to discuss the show

Let’s face it we’re probably never going to have much in common with celebrities. They’re talented, attractive and live in million pound mansions. Whereas we live in crappy student houses that probably have mould in every single room, scrapping by to get a 2:1 and can’t remember the last time we got a match on Hinge. However the one thing we will always have common with the A-Listers is our mutual enjoyment of watching Love Island.

Yes that’s right Love Island is extremely popular with celebrities too. A few of them are even in a group chat about it – that’s how dedicated they are. They tweet about it, slide into the DMs of Islanders and very occasionally make an appearance in the villa. Lucky for some.

These are the celebrities who like Love Island just as much as the rest of us:

Stormzy

via ITV

Most Love Island fans will remember the iconic moment when Stormzy appeared on Love Island in 2017.

Stormzy was a big fan of the show that season and would frequently tweet his opinions, including the infamous tweet in which he said Chris was too good for Olivia.

He then surprised the cast a few weeks later and had a rather awkward chat with Liv where he said there were no hard feelings. Rather you than me Stormzy.

Margot Robbie

via Instagram @jxrdanhames

It doesn’t get more A-List than Margot Robbie and yet the actress is just like us – obsessed with Love Island.

Over the years Margot has expressed her love of the show numerous times. She first spoke about it during the 2018 season when she shared her excitement of Dr Alex comparing Megan Barton Hanson to herself. For series four she was gunning for Jack and Dani to win.

In early 2020 Margot even met a few of the Islanders when Jordan Hames, Michael Griffiths and Lucie Donlan attended a premier of hers. From the pictures it was honestly hard to tell who was more of a fan girl – Margot or the Islanders.

Margot is probably even more obsessed than anyone else as she had a Love Island themed party for her 31st birthday where all the girls dressed in bikinis and high heels. She naturally has a personalised water bottle as well.

However this year she’s said she has been struggling to get into the show but wants Liberty to win.

Lena Dunham

via Instagram @lenadunham

Ever since moving to Wales to film a TV show in 2019 Lena Dunham has been obsessed with Love Island, so much so she even wrote an entire piece for the Guardian about it.

During the piece she compared herself to Lucie, Amy and Amber for the heartbreak they experienced in their season. And like everyone else she shared her deep love for Maura calling her “fun” and “feisty”.

A year later Lena was crossing her fingers and toes for a celebrity edition of Love Island which she said she’d love to be part of in an interview with Cosmopolitan.

Adele

via Instagram @adele

She’s practically queen of England at this rate, so of course Adele watches Love Island and even speaks about it in Wembley arena.

Back in 2017 Adele referenced Love Island on stage and Gabby Allen in particular when she said Gabby’s mum probably wouldn’t be proud of her daughter.

Adele said: “I mean Love Island shall we talk about that? Jesus Christ. My husband and I watched it last night. Real people have real sex on real TV.

“When that girl [Gabby] Facetimed her mum ‘mum are you proud of me?’ No she ain’t. No she fucking ain’t proud of you! You tramp.”

Adele has more recently referenced Love Island when she appeared on SNL in October last year and said her love life was so bad she should apply for the show.

Lily James

via Instagram @lilyjamesofficial

During the promotion of Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again Lily James revealed she is a big Love Island fan.

In an interview with Rochelle Humes, Lily said she wanted Jack and Dani to win season four but that season two would always be her favourite.

She said: “For me it would be season two forever, Alex and Olivia, and Cara and Nathan, and Scott and Kady. I hope they’re watching. Big fan.”

That same year Lily had a Love Island viewing party complete with some of her Mamma Mia co-stars.

Millie Bobby Brown

via Instagram @milliebobbybrown

You would think Millie Bobby Brown would have too much to do to be watching Love Island but turns out she’s a celebrity who likes it just as much as us.

The first time Millie’s love of the show was mentioned was when Dani Dyer revealed the two had been DMing after Millie sent her a message. The pair chatted and even had plans to go for lunch.

A year later Millie DMed and followed Amber Gill on Instagram and they also had made plans to meet up. Is this now the prize for winning Love Island? A meal with Millie?

And during the 2019 season Millie was very vocal about the boys’ antics in particular calling Jordan out and said he was playing Anna.

via Instagram @milliebobbybrown

She wrote: “Anna: Jordan is playing you girl go be with Ovie and India should be with Jordan…. Omg Im quaking… Anna u are too good for him okurrrr”.

Noah Schnapp

celebrities who like Love Island noah lucinda

via Instagram @noahschnapp

Millie’s isn’t the only Stranger Things cast member to enjoy Love Island as she’s introduced her co-star Noah Schnapp to the show as well and he’s been sliding into the DMs too.

During the 2018 version when he was 13 years old he commented on a number of Ellie Brown’s post with one comment saying “hi” and another saying he watched the show with Millie.

And three years later it appears Noah is still just as invested as Lucinda revealed he messaged her on Instagram. According to Lucinda Noah messaged her saying he loved her and she killed it on the show. Cute.

Chrissy Teigen

celebrities who like Love Island

via Instagram @chrissyteigen

Chrissy Teigen is a fan of both the UK and US Love Island. How does she keep up with both?

Chrissy often tweets her feelings and questions about the Love Island series she has been watching, including her devastation in finding out which couples had broken up from season one.

In the past she’s sparked a debate when asking her followers to give her a comparison between English and American towns after watching the show. And of course like most of us she’s tweeted saying she hates one cast member in particular. Sadly she didn’t name names.

The WhatsApp group

celebrities who like Love Island

via Instagram @jessieware

Celebrities enjoying Love Island on their own is all well and good but Jessie Ware and her celeb pals have taken it one step further.

In an episode of her podcast Table Manners Jessie revealed she and a number of celebs are part of a big WhatsApp group which is dedicated to Love Island.

Jonthan Ross is part of the group and Jessie said she would be inviting Olly Alexander to join the group as well. Not jealous at all.

Love Island 2021 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.