love island celebrity exes

These are all the Love Islanders who had celebrity exes before the show

Including Prince Harry, Lewis Capaldi and a lot of footballers

After leaving Love Island the majority of the cast become celebrities in their own right, but for a select few they were already used to the celebrity world before entering the villa thanks to their famous exes.

At least 10 Love Islanders from the current and past series dated celebrities before they entered Love Island. For some they had full on relationships with a rich and famous person, whereas others were merely wined and dined on the occasional date with an A-Lister.

Amongst the famous exes of the Love Island cast are a bunch of footballers, a few reality stars and um, Prince Harry. Yes really.

These are the Love Island cast members who have celebrity exes:

Camilla Thurlow

via Instagram @camillathurlow

Camilla Thurlow easily has the most famous ex as she dated Prince Harry. In 2014 the two were said to be dating for several months after Harry’s breakup with Cressida Bonas. According to Camilla’s friend the two broke up because Camilla was scared to open up to Harry.

They told Celebs Now: “Harry thought she was amazing and seemed to want something serious, but she refused to open up to him through fear of being rejected.

“It was Camilla’s reservations that stopped their romance from going anywhere.”

We could have had two Camillas in the royal family.

Dani Dyer

via Instagram @danidyerxx

Dani Dyer was pretty well known before she went on Love Island mainly due to having Danny Dyer as a dad. But she was also known as the girlfriend of Sam Strike, an actor in Eastenders who happened to play Danny Dyer’s onscreen son.

The couple began dating in 2015 after reportedly getting close during the filming of “Bonded By Blood 2”. Apparently Danny was supportive of the two getting together and found it funny.

It’s unclear when Dani and Sam broke up however they were said to remain friends after the split with Sam even advising Dani against going on Love Island.

Samira Mighty

via Instagram @samiramighty

I won’t lie Samira probably has the fittest celebrity ex after it was rumoured she went on a date with Chris Pine. In 2016 the two met at a GQ after party and went on date to Soho House a few days later.

Samira told the Metro: “I kind of looked him up and thought ‘He’s actually a pretty big deal.’ He was like ‘Take my number.’ The next day me and my friend were like ‘he’s not gonna text me,’ and then he did. 

“I’d just broken up with my boyfriend as well so I was like ‘fuck it, I’m gonna go on a date with Chris Pine!'”

According to Samira the two didn’t go further as she wasn’t ready to date. However when Chris Pine was asked about Samira at a red carpet he claimed not to know her and pulled a rather bemused face. It soon turned into a gif which Samira found funny.

Laura Anderson

via Instagram @lauraanderson1x

Laura’s famous ex is the reason she applied to Love Island, so I guess we should thank Dane Bowers. In early 2018 Laura was dating 90s singer Dane Bowers from the band Another Level.

The couple split up after Dane cheated on Laura and so she applied for the show to “make him jealous”.

However after three years apart the two are now back together and living in Dubai. They’ve talked about marriage, babies and seem pretty loved up.

Josh Denzel

via Instagram @joshdenzel

So far Josh Denzel seems to be the only male Islander with a famous ex. During his time on the show it came out he was allegedly seeing Ex On The Beach star Kayleigh Morris.

Kayleigh told New! Magazine they had been trying to arrange dates before Josh went into the villa.

She said: “We were trying to figure out dates, but he went AWOL two weeks ago. I texted him saying, ‘You’re either dead or you’re going on Love Island, but I’m hoping you’re dead’.”

Savage.

Rosie Williams

via Instagram @jordanweekender

Long before she got mugged off by Adam, Rosie was in a relationship with Ibiza Weekender’s Jordan Davies.

They dated when Rosie was 21 years old and Jordan was 20 for two years. However the relationship ended when Rosie saw him cheat on her whilst he was filming Ibiza Weekender. Rosie claimed she had been a secret during their relationship and Ibiza Weekender was the reason.

Before she entered the villa Rosie said there was no bad blood between them and Jordan confirmed this when he shared a post in support of Rosie going on Love Island.

On Instagram Jordan said: “Just to clear it up me & Rosie were together for two years. She’s one of the most hard working, funny and kindest people I’ve ever known & I was lucky enough to be with her.

“She deserves to win #LoveIsland & I’m so happy she’s got it, everyone get behind her! She’s will surprise you all! #TeamRosie.” Well that’s cute.

Paige Turley

love island celebrity exes

via Instagram @paige_turley

Paige is yet another Love Islander who has a celebrity ex as she was in a relationship with Lewis Capaldi. The two dated on and off for two years between 2014 and 2016.

There were rumours the song “Someone You Loved” was about Paige, however Lewis said the song was about his grandmother but that the song “Bruises” and a number of others on his album were about Paige.

During an interview Lewis even went onto say it was completely fair for Paige to talk about him as he had made money off of their relationship because of the songs he wrote about her.

Lucinda Strafford

Last year’s Love Island features three cast members who have all dated famous footballers. The first of the three is Lucinda Strafford who was in a relationship with Premier League player Aaron Connolly for two years.

The couple were said to breakup after Aaron was caught cheating on her. However during her time on Love Island there were a number of rumours they were back together and Aaron was even looking after her dog.

Lucinda got back together with Aaron after Love Island ended but they have since split up again.

Clarisse Juliette

love island celebrity exes

via Instagram @clarissejuliette

Clarisse is another Islander who has dated a Premier League footballer as she was in a relationship for four years with Alex Iwobi who plays for Everton FC.

Since their breakup Clarisse has been connected to a number of other famous men. She was rumoured to have been seeing Diddy’s son Justin Combs.

In 2019 she was linked to rapper Swae Lee after videos of them spending time together in Thailand came out online. At the time Swae Lee was in a relationship and his girlfriend accused him of cheating on her with Clarisse.

Mary Bedford

love island celebrity exes

via Instagram @mary_bedford

Before she even went in the Love Island villa Mary knew what it was like to date an Islander after being linked to Chris Hughes. After his breakup with Jesy Nelson, Chris was spotted on a date with Mary last year.

The two went for dinner together in London and were pictured kissing, however not much else seems to have occurred between the couple.

A source told The Tab Mary was in a relationship with a Premier League footballer, which is something Mary alluded to in last night’s episode. On her YouTube channel Mary spoke about being cheated on by her ex, however this has not been confirmed to be the footballer.

Love Island 2022 starts on ITV2 at 9pm Monday 6th June. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.