Order a chippy and we’ll guess if you’re from the North or the South

If you don’t like your chips drowning in gravy, then you’re defo from the south

The North-South divide is one of the most famous and long-lasting conflicts of our time, affecting almost every aspect of our culture.

The North is the home of Oasis, Manchester City Football Club, Andy Burnham and affordable housing. The South, on the other hand, lays claim to warmer weather, the Queen, Boris Johnson and expensive pints. I know where I’d rather be.

And then there’s the question of the border. Southerners think the North starts just above Watford while Northerners are adamant their territory begins a good few miles beyond Birmingham.

In truth, it’s hard to pin a border down, but what we can do is arrange the English population into Northerners and Southerners based on their chippy order.

Curry sauce or no curry sauce? Mushy peas or non-mushed peas? These are the questions that divide our nation. So, take this quiz and we’ll guess whether you are from the North or the South.