Meet the influencers: The cast for Netflix reality series ‘Byron Baes’ has been revealed

It’s already caused controversy among the locals

The cast for new Netflix reality series Byron Baes has been leaked. The new show, which is currently filming in Australia, is all about hot influencers and what they get up to in their day to lives – and it really does sound quite wild.

The docu-soap, which is the first Australian reality series on Netflix, promises “a feed of hot Instagrammers living their best lives, being their best selves, creating the best drama and content.” The show’s executive producer is the same person who created Married at First Sight, which means there will be definitely be bucket loads of drama.

Announcing the eight-part show on a mockup postcard from Australia, Netflix added: “This is our love letter to Byron Bay. It’s not just Chris [Hemsworth] and Zac [Efron]’s backyard, it’s the playground of more celebrity adjacent-adjacent influencers than you can shake a selfie stick at.”

But the locals aren’t happy, reports say Byron Bay residents want the show scrapped because of the way it portrays where they live as the home of influencers in an “absurd” docu-soap that “exploits” them. And now, the cast for Byron Baes is finally here and it’s full of local influencers in the area. Here they are.

Elias Chigros

Influencer cast for new Netflix reality series Byron Baes, Elias Chigros

via Instagram @myfriendelias

First in the cast is a face you might recognise from Love Island Australia. 30-year-old Elias Chigros took part in the first series of the show.

Nathan Favro

Influencer cast for new Netflix reality series Byron Baes, Nathan Favro

via Instagram @nathanfavro

25-year-old Nathan Favro is another Byron Bae cast member you might already know, he’s previously been in Bachelor in Paradise. On Instagram, he now lists himself as an “entrepreneur”.

Hannah Brauer

Influencer cast for new Netflix reality series Byron Baes, Hannah Brauer

via Instagram @misshannahdivine

Hannah Brauer is the co-creative director of a local boutique in the Byron area, called BISQUE. She has just under 8,000 followers on Instagram.

Dave Frim and Saskia Wotton

Influencer cast for new Netflix reality series Byron Baes, Dave Frim and Saskia Wotton

via Instagram @davefrim

Dave Frim and Saskia Wotton are a couple who reside in Byron. Saskia is a sales director at a clothing company.

Elle Watson

Elle Watson, Influencer

via Instagram @iamellewatson

Elle Watson is an investment company employee and is friends with fellow Byron Bae cast member Nathan Favro. She has her own website, where she posts about being an “environmentally conscious woman in business”.

Jade Kevin Foster

Influencer cast for new Netflix reality series Byron Baes, Jade Kevin Foster

via Instagram @jadekevinfoster

Jade Kevin Foster is a hugely popular influencer in Australia, with 1.2million followers.

Simba Ali

Simba Ali is a spiritualistic therapist who joins the cast. At the moment, their Instagram is not known.

Alex Reid

Alex Reid famously worked as Kyle Sandilands’ former assistant-turned-manager. He’s reported as being a bit of a “coastal socialite” and the potential villain of the Netflix show. He has 3,600 followers on his currently private Instagram.

Jessica and Lauren Johansen Bell

Influencer cast for new Netflix reality series Byron Baes, Jessica and Lauren Johansen Bell

Jessica (left) and Lauren (right) via Instagram @jessicajohansenbell

Sisters Jess and Lauren Johansen Bell are also among the influencer cast. Jessica is a fashion designer and Lauren is a model. Jessica has her own fashion label, Johansen, and two of her dresses have been worn by Kylie Jenner.

A release date for Byron Baes on Netflix has not yet been announced. To be the first to know, and for all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.