New Netflix reality series ‘Byron Baes’ is set to be everyone’s next obsession

It’s about hot influencers in Australia and is from the person behind Married at First Sight

Netflix has announced that it is creating its first ever Australian reality series, which is going to be called Byron Baes. The show is going to be based around influencers in the area, and it looks like it’s going to be wild.

The docu-soap promises “a feed of hot Instagrammers living their best lives, being their best selves, creating the best drama and content.” The show’s executive producer is the same person who created Married at First Sight, which means there will be definitely be bucket loads of drama.

Announcing the eight-part show on a mockup postcard from Australia, Netflix added: “This is our love letter to Byron Bay. It’s not just Chris [Hemsworth] and Zac [Efron]’s backyard, it’s the playground of more celebrity adjacent-adjacent influencers than you can shake a selfie stick at.

“But PLOT TWIST: Don’t write these baes off too quickly. There’ll be fights, flings and heartbreak; but beneath every post is a very real desire not just for ‘likes’, but to be liked dammit, for who you are (so relatable). Can the baes survive summer without a collab gone wrong? Byron’s the kind of paradise that makes it all feel possible.”

“We can’t wait for you to meet our baes!”, the postcard concluded.

Byron Baes, Netflix, reality, series, show, Australia, Byron Bae, influencers, release

via Netflix

Chris Culvenor, Co-CEO of Eureka Productions, which will make the series, said: “With a compelling cast, spectacular settings and some truly addictive drama, Byron Baes has all the binge-worthy ingredients. Eureka is thrilled to be working with Netflix on this love letter to one of the world’s most perfect playgrounds.”

And the show is already kicking up a stir. Locals are reportedly “horrified, embarrassed and angry” about the influencer show, saying it should instead be “about the real people who living there rather than the glamorous people who only recently made Byron their home to flaunt their lifestyles.”

via Instagram @elyse.knowles

Also according to reports, the first “hotly tipped” person to be appearing in the series is Australian model Elyse Knowles, who is also best known for winning the reality television series, The Block, in 2017. She has 879k followers on Instagram.

I’m already hooked. We’ll keep you updated with any more information. 👀

The release date for Byron Baes on Netflix is not yet known. To be the first to know, and for all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.