demi jones cancer

Demi Jones reveals she’s been diagnosed with thyroid cancer

She announced the sad news on Instagram today

Demi Jones has revealed she has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer following the removal of a lump last month.

Demi made the announcement on Instagram today where she said she will have an operation to remove the rest of her thyroid.

She said: “Hi guys, I got my results today and unfortunately I have thyroid cancer. The tumour has been removed but I’m now due to have more surgery to remove the rest of my thyroid.

“I’m staying very positive and I’m a strong girl so I’ll be fine. Thank you for your love and support always. I’ll bounce back stronger.”

Last month Demi revealed she had been to the doctors to have a lump in her neck checked out. Three weeks later the lump was removed but she has now had the news of her cancer diagnosis.

Demi also urged her fans to check any lumps they had in an Instagram story that she posted alongside a leaflet for thyroid cancer.

When Demi previously went into surgery last month she updated fans on the progress of her initial operation. She told fans the operation went well and thanked staff at the NHS hospital in Portsmouth.

She said: “Face and neck really swollen but the surgery went really well. I literally had a lump the size of a golf ball on my Thyroid. The NHS staff at the QA Portsmouth have been unbelievable. And thank you for all your messages.”

Featured image credit via Instagram @demijones1