Demi and Luke M are having serious beef, with Luke saying the relationship was fake

He says they stayed together for brand deals, and she’s hinted he cheated on her

Just when you thought Love Island drama was well and truly over for another year or so, winter finalists Luke M and Demi are having a huge argument, again.

The pair split not long after leaving the South Africa villa together, and Luke moved on with 2019 star Lucie Donlan. In a question and answer video on YouTube, Demi Jones has finally spoken out about their breakup. She says her most asked question is what happened between her and Luke, and she’s ready to address it and move on.

Love Island, Demi, Luke M, Demi Jones, Luke Mabbott, Lucie Donlan, split, breakup, YouTube, video, beef, drama, argument, fake, brand deal, cheating, scandal

via YouTube

She says: “We were all happy, we came out the villa, we came third which was amazing. We had two weeks of freedom and then Covid-19 happened and we were pushed into lockdown. I live right down south and he likes really up north, so I already knew that was going to be a problem.

“To cut a long story short, over lockdown I was getting left on read quite frequently, I knew in my heart something wasn’t right. I knew my own worth, I stopped replying to him as well. All of a sudden he rung me out the blue and said ‘I need to end it and I need to end it now’ it was quite sudden.

“Very shortly after I received some photos of Luke and Lucie in Cornwall together. I never told Luke this because I didn’t want beef, but I saw it and it was probably about two weeks after our breakup. I went through Lucie’s profile and I noticed all these cryptic captions with loads of like ‘shhh’ emojis and about getting butterflies and secret eyes. I put two and two together and they must have started talking during lockdown. He then wanted to meet up with her, or maybe he already was, and that’s why he suddenly cut it.”

via Instagram @lukemabbott

Luke has replied to the YouTube video with a post on his Instagram story, saying it “needs to be adressed”. He says both he and Lucie have received horrible messages since Demi uploaded her video. He claims him ringing her to end the realtionship wasn’t out the blue and she asked him to “wait three weeks for my clothing brand to launch so I can get publicity round it”. He says: “My feelings come first. I wasn’t too happy about it but I did say yes.

“Me and Demi split up on the 29th May. Lucie checked with me a couple of days later to see if I was single, and we went on a date on the 17th June – which wasn’t in Cornwall so I don’t know where she’s got that from. We [him and Lucie] started going out in July. That’s pretty much it. I’d just like to squish it now.”

Lucie also shared some screenshots of the messages she has received since the video and said she was “very upset”, calling Demi’s video “totally unnecessary and uncalled for”.

via Instagram @lucierosedonlan

Yikes.