I know nothing about chess, but I know I relate to these 34 Queen’s Gambit memes
Can we talk about the tension between Benny and Beth?
Netflix quietly dropped The Queen’s Gambit last week and it’s easily one of the best shows of the year. Anya Taylor-Joy, 60s wardrobes and the return of Thomas Brodie-Sangster. Who would have thought a show about chess and tranquillisers would be so damn addictive?
Everyone on Twitter is flipping out over the show tweeting their reactions about The Queen’s Gambit, mainly their love of Benny, Beth, Harry and Jolene. In fact can she just get her own spin-off show?
There’s also a lot of appreciation for the fact that no one has any clue how to play chess and yet we all know it’s pretty fit watching Benny and Beth playing a game together.
These are the 34 best The Queen’s Gambit reactions and I am so here for them all:
1. What a queen
2. I love them so much
3. We are not worthy
4. Here he is again
5. Only just getting my breath back now
6. Wow, he grew up
7. LIVING for it
8. Emily in Paris who?
9. Nothing but love for my queen
11. Gonna start a Jolene appreciation society
12. I need another season
14. How do I get this wardrobe?
15. No idea what is going on but I am here for it
17. Obsessed? Who, me? Never
18. Chess cowboy is my new type
19. It’s the TITLE!!
20. Just saying
21. Sending my thanks to whoever made this show
22. Never been so invested in chess
23. Who’s in?
24. We all know we can’t compete with Beth
25. I am now just chess and 60s clothes
26. Just casually out here dropping a life changing show
27. She is magnificent
28. Now *this* is how you wear a beret
30. What a pairing
31. Some Nanny McPhee throwback content
32. Quality television
33. Just want the best for her
34. Put simply
The first season of The Queen’s Gambit is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.
Featured image credit: Netflix.com