carmel who killed maria marta

Netflix’s next true crime series is about the mysterious unsolved murder of a socialite

Her husband was originally the prime suspect

Netflix truly has spoilt us with true crime in the last few months, the second series of Unsolved Mysteries dropped last week and American Murder: The Family Next Door took over our screens in September. And now Netflix is releasing another true crime series, this time it’s Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta?

The four part series, coming out on 5th November, will cover the true story of the murder of Maria Marta, who’s death has still not been solved but her husband was the main suspect.

If you liked Netflix’s The Staircase last year, then Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? will be right up your street, as similar to The Staircase it covers the alternative options of who else could be responsible for Maria’s death.

What is Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? On Netflix about?

Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? is a true crime series about the death of Argentinian socialite Maria Marta García Belsunce. Maria died in 2002 and her death was originally thought to be an accident.

It was presumed she fell in the bath and hit her head on a tap, however her autopsy revealed this was not the case. It showed Maria had been shot in the head five times and then dumped in the bath.

Her death was all over the papers in Argentina and her husband, Carlos Carrascosa, came back after a football match to their home in the luxury gated community Carmel to find his wife dead.

There was no initial suspicion of foul play in her death and the family even signed a pre made death certificate to make it easier for burial. However Maria’s step brother felt something was up and asked for an investigation.

Carlos was the main suspect however a DNA analysis revealed Carlos did not match any of the blood samples at the crime scene. The case is still unsolved to this day. However the Netflix docu-series will cover all the other possibilities of who was responsible for Maria’s death.

The series was originally made in Spanish but Netflix have added subtitles so we can still follow it, and thank god, because this sounds like a captivating watch.

Watch the trailer for Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? here:

Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? will be available on Netflix on 5th November. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Featured image credit: Netflix.com