emily ratajkowski book

Emily Ratajkowski announces she is writing a book of essays called ‘My Body’

Internally screaming

Emily Ratajkowski announced she is writing book which will be a collection of essays entitled “My Body” and 2020 has officially been saved.

Posting on Instagram last night, Emily shared the exciting news and said she was “thrilled” and “humbled” to be having her book published by Macmillian and Henry Holt books.

In the post she had a picture of a stack of papers with the title “My Body” and she wrote alongside it: “Thrilled and humbled to announce my book of essays entitled “My Body” will be published by Metropolitan Books @macmillanusa @henryholtbooks.

“It’s surreal to be working with an imprint that has published so many writers I admire (Noam Chomsky! Edward Snowden!) Now it’s time to get to work!”

Emily quickly received a load of positive comments from fellow celebs including Dua Lipa, Poppy Delevingne and Noor Tagouri who all congratulated her on her book deal.

The book is said to be published in 2022 and will cover “what it means to be a woman and a commodity” as well as looking into how men treat women and why women permit it.

An editor at Metropolitan, an imprint of Henry Holt and company said Emily is “devastatingly honest”, “strong” and “outspoken”.

Sara Bershtel told the Associated Press last week: “Emily Ratajkowski reveals herself to be devastatingly honest, nuanced, and strong — I’m not surprised that she thinks of herself first as a writer.

“I also admire how outspoken she is, how political, and how unafraid – what force she’ll be!”

Her collection of essays comes of the back of her incredibly successful essay for New York Magazine “Buying Myself Back”.

In the essay Emily discussed exploitation, ownership of her body and accused photographer Jonathan Leder of sexual assault, a claim he strongly denies.

Featured image credit: Instagram @emrata