Liam Payne is now engaged to 20-year-old American model Maya Henry

They first met at a 1D meet-and-greet when she was 15

Liam Payne and his girlfriend Maya Henry, a 20-year-old model from Texas, are now engaged.

Reports of Liam and Maya’s engagement emerged this morning, and Liam’s rep has now confirmed their engagement to Tyla.

The two have been dating for two years, going public with their relationship last August. The Mail Online reports they first met at a One Direction meet-and-greet, when Maya was 15.

Her ring reportedly cost Liam £3 million, and based on the pics over on the Mail it looks, quite frankly, absolutely ginormous. Like, my arm would hurt carrying that around.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5oEVOqnNCP/

Back in February there were rumours Liam and Maya had split, which the two denied, saying they were “very happy together” – and now they’re engaged! According to the Mail, the proposal took place over lockdown.

Maya has 325k followers and is verified on Instagram. Looking through her Insta posts, Maya’s modelled for the likes of Dolce and Gabanna and Bulgari, has been on the front cover of Grazia Italia, and has walked multiple catwalk shows.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7jk0g6H3Dg/

Liam was previously in a relationship with Cheryl, from 2016 until 2018. They have a three-year-old son together, “Bear Payne”, born in 2017.

For comparison, Liam is 6 years older than Maya at 26, while Cheryl is 37 – a fairly significant 17 years older than Maya.

Liam and Maya were first linked in August 2018, shortly after his split from Cheryl. When they first went Insta-official last year, Liam wrote on his Instagram: “Sometimes I don’t recognise this happy guy… sure glad you brought him back though.” He also thanked Maya for “always keeping the biggest smile on my face through all the stress and making me realise how perfect my life really is”. Maya shared the same photo, captioning it: “All smiles over here.”

Featured image via Instagram @liampayne