Indian Matchmaking: Which couples are still together?

It’s not good news guys

Netflix’s Indian Matchmaking followed Mumbai’s best matchmaker (in her own words) Sima Taparia help single Indians find their spouse. While Sima tried her best to meet the demands of her clients (and their parents!) by enlisting a face reader, an astrologer, a life coach, and even another matchmaker, it didn’t always work out for the couples.

During the show, we met a variety of Sima’s clients like Vyasar who had a tough childhood where he hardly saw his father, Aparna a lawyer who really didn’t like being a lawyer and divided viewers opinions and Akshay who wanted a girl just like his mum. The end of the show left us on a massive cliffhanger – did Nadia and the lawyer go on more dates? Did Akshay and Radhika get married?

Here are what the Indian Matchmaking couples are up to now, and it’s not looking good:

*Spoilers ahead*

Akshay and Radhika – SPLIT

After possibly the most awkward first meeting ever, Akshay and Radhika had a pre-engagement ceremony. His mum seemed to recover from all her health problems caused by her son’s single life and his brother and sister-in-law could now have a baby! However, the couple has now split up.

Indian Matchmaking couples

Akshay told the Los Angeles Times: “A few days later, there were some things which we found out that did not go down well with us, and eventually I called it off”. He stated that trust had been broken but did not give detail into what had actually happened between the pair.

Indian Matchmaking couples

He says he is single right now and “still looking for the right one”.

We hope Akshay’s mum is coping with a break up alright.

Nadia and Shekar – SPLIT

Nadia described her date with Shekar as “the best day ever” and honestly we were all rooting for them. However, the Indian Matchmaking couple are no longer together.

Nadia said: “Being off camera definitely changed the dynamic between myself and the matches that I had continued talking to, and obviously, the change was not positive.”

Fans were shocked as Nadia had previously described her date with Shekar as “right out of a sappy Bollywood movie”.

Aparna and Shekar – SPLIT

Aparna is a successful lawyer (which apparently intimidates men according to Sima Taperia) who went on dates with three men during the show: Dilip, Jay and Shekar. Unfortunately for Aparna, things did not work out with any of them however she still keeps in contact with everyone.

“We’re actually good friends. To walk away with three people you can relate to, and who are good and kind and grounded, is a success in my book,” Aparna told OprahMag.

In an Instagram post, Aparna also revealed she and Shekar talk every day.

Vyasar and Rashi – SPLIT

Vyasar and Rashi seemed like a sweet couple that enjoyed each others company but they Vyasar told the Los Angeles Times that he is single.

“But it’s no one’s fault. Matchmaking really is tough. Both people I was matched with were truly wonderful, inspiring individuals who I’m proud to call friends. Ultimately, things didn’t work out, but I’m grateful for the memories I have from working with Sima.”

Pradhyuman and Rushali – SPLIT

Pradhyuman and Rushali made a stunning couple however he said: “We had different paths in life and we respected that and moved ahead.”

On his Instagram he also said “We did keep in touch however long distance didn’t allow us to explore our individual sides and communicate organically, plus we were in different stages in our life so we decided to move on and yes we are still friends.”

Unfortuately, Sima’s face reader friend wasn’t right about the future of any of the Indian Matchmaking couples, but at least he tried.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Quiz: Which character from The Kissing Booth 2 are you?

This is how old all The Kissing Booth 2 cast are in real life

Which Netflix bad boy would you end up with? Take this quiz to find out