Finished Unsolved Mysteries? Try these nine twisted Netflix shows next

Watch these before the new episodes come out

There’s no shame in saying you’ve already binge watch the first volume of Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix. The six-part true crime series explores fascinating and shocking cold cases and the theories surrounding them. Netflix has confirmed that another six episodes of the series will be coming, but if you can’t wait for whenever that may be, you’re probably trying to find some other series like Unsolved Mysteries to fill your time with.

So here is just that – some more series that are like Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix, which you can watch whilst you wait for the new episodes to drop. Enjoy.

Cold Case Files

Unsolved Mysteries, series, like, shows, similar, Netflix, true crime, documentary, The Pharmacist, Cold Case Files

If you’re looking for a series which is exactly like Unsolved Mysteries, you will love Cold Case Files. It’s the same idea as Unsolved Mysteries, with the show looking at different old and creepy cases which have gone cold. These include murders, disappearances and spooky goings on.

There are currently 10 episodes on Netflix. And just like Unsolved Mysteries, Cold Case Files is a reboot – so there are another 15, older episodes in the series “Cold Case Files Classic”.

The Innocence Files

Unsolved Mysteries, series, like, shows, similar, Netflix, true crime, documentary, The Innocence Files

This nine-part series aims to expose the American criminal justice system and focuses on wrongful convictions. The Netflix Original series looks at eight cases in total and each episode is ordered by different themes – so you don’t have to watch them all in order.

The Innocence Files focuses on the work of the Innocence Project, which is a nonprofit legal organisation that uses DNA evidence to acquit those who have been jailed for crimes they didn’t do. The Innocence Files looks at the reasons why the convictions happened such as flawed evidence, misconduct and eyewitnesses wrongfully identifying the accused.

The cases looked into are those of Chester Hollman III, Kenneth Wyniemko, Alfred Dewayne Brown, Thomas Haynesworth, Franky Carrillo, Levon Brooks, Kennedy Brewer, and Keith Harward. All of these men believe they have been victims to a miscarriage of justice.

The Confession Killer

Unsolved Mysteries, series, like, shows, similar, Netflix, true crime, documentary, The Confession Killer

The Confession Killer is a five-part docuseries which tells the story of Henry Lee Lucas. He was first put into prison for murdering his mother, and then for the murders of his girlfriend and landlord. However when he was in prison he started confessing to more and more killings. The number got up to 100, then 150, then 300 and it wasn’t long before Lucas said he was responsible for over 600 deaths all over America.

In the documentary, the local police force seem overjoyed – they’ve solved hundreds of cases they never thought they would. It must have been Henry Lee Lucas – he could take police to crime scenes, give details of evidence and in some cases even draw the victims.

But it wasn’t all it seemed. It soon unravelled that him being responsible for all these crimes just wasn’t possible. Aside from it being physically impossible for him to travel to all the different locations crimes took place in over the time they happened, evidence began to stack up that made his confessions clearly false.

The Disappearance Of Madeleine McCann

The Disappearance Of Madeleine McCann, Netflix

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann is all about the biggest missing child case in the world. Madeleine disappeared from her family hotel room in Praia da Luz when she was three years old.

The series covers everything from the conspiracy theories surrounding her disappearance, possible sightings of Madeleine, and gives a timeline of the whole story from when it happened, right through the investigation. This case has been back in the news again recently, with a new suspect for the case being identified. 

I Am A Killer

I Am A Killer, Netflix

I Am A Killer is another Netflix series which looks a lots of different crime cases. There are 10 episodes in the true crime series, each are around 50 minutes in length. Each episode focuses on the real life story of a different criminal charged with murder and living on death row. The killers themselves are interviewed in depth and their cases are explored.

The Staircase

Unsolved Mysteries, series, like, shows, similar, Netflix, true crime, documentary, The Staircase

The Staircase is a 13-episode, Netflix true crime docuseries about the 2001 death of novelist Michael Peterson’s wife, Kathleen Peterson. He claimed she died after falling down the stairs at their home, but a medical examiner determined she had been beaten with a weapon, which led to Peterson becoming a suspect in what would become a murder investigation.

Trial By Media

Trial By Media, Netflix

Similarly to Unsolved Mysteries, Trial By Media puts the spotlight on multiple different cases – this time huge criminal cases which were sensationalised in the press. The six-part series was produced by George Clooney and explores six famous cases in America – from murders after talk show appearances to police brutality.

The Pharmacist

Unsolved Mysteries, series, like, shows, similar, Netflix, true crime, documentary, The Pharmacist

The Pharmacist is a four-episode docuseries about a father whose son was killed in a drug deal. He then takes it upon himself to investigate further. He believes the police had the attitude that “these kids got what they deserved”. But he is determined to find out who murdered his son and get justice – and if the police won’t do it, he will.

He soon discovers his son’s death was just the tip of the iceberg. During his investigation, he discovers a high number of teenagers in his area are being prescribed a high powered opioid (OxyContin) by a local pharmacist.

You can watch the old episodes of Unsolved Mysteries too

If you want a series which is really like Unsolved Mysteries you could always watch..even more Unsolved Mysteries. The Netflix series a reboot of an old 1980s and 1990s series, and the old episodes are available too.

If you go to the unsolved.com website you’ll see links to hundreds (yes, really) of episodes from the classic series. There are 12 seasons on there in total, all of which are linked to where you can watch them on YouTube and Amazon Prime. A few of the episodes are on Hulu too. There’s days of bingeing on there. You’re so welcome.

The first six episodes of Unsolved Mysteries are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.