The creator of the The Stranger just announced his new show is coming next month

‘The Woods’ is coming to Netflix finally!!!

Harlan Coben has just announced that “The Woods”, another one of his novels, will be released on Netflix next month – and to be honest, I can’t control my excitement.

Coben is the author of The Stranger and Safe – two series which are already available on Netflix. He has previously revealed plans to adapt all of his novels into series, with The Woods being next.

He made the announcement on Twitter today, saying: “Thrilled to announce this: THE WOODS. Netflix. Worldwide. June 12. Put it on your watchlist now.”

The Woods on Netflix will be another psychological mystery thriller

The Woods on Netflix will be based on Harlan Coben’s novel of the same name. It’s all about four teenagers who disappeared in the woods at a summer camp. The Netflix synopsis for the show says: “A Warsaw prosecutor’s hopes rise when a body is found and linked to his sister’s disappearance 25 years earlier. Adapted from the Harlan Coben novel.”

The Woods, via Netflix

The synopsis for the book reads: “Paul Copeland’s sister went missing 20 years ago. Now raising a daughter alone, Cope balances family life with a career as a prosecutor. But when a homicide victim is found with evidence linking him to Cope, the well-buried secrets of the past are threatening everything. Is this body one of the campers who disappeared with his sister? Could his sister be alive…? Confronting his past, Cope must decide what is better left hidden in the dark and what truths can be brought to light.”

When The Stranger was released three months ago, everyone went wild for it. The show begins by introducing us to the Price family.  The father, Adam Price, is a lawyer and the family have a big house, perfect garden and seemingly perfect life too. Adam’s wife Corrine is a popular teacher at the local school and they have two children, Thomas and Ryan. But their cosy life is turned upside down when ‘The Stranger’ (Hannah John-Kamen) approaches Adam in a bar and says his wife had faked her pregnancy, adding: “If I were you I’d run DNA checks on your two boys.”

Without any spoilers, The Stranger knows a lot more things about a lot more people. There are other plots going on alongside this, and the show is full of twists and turns. It was described as “crazy”, “gruesome” and people couldn’t turn it off.

The Woods, The Stranger, Netflix, new, series, psychological, thriller, Harlan Coben, novel, original

The Stranger, via Netflix

Safe has equally as rave reviews. Safe is all about a guy whose daughter goes missing in their seemingly “safe” gated community. He soon finds out his neighbours are hiding lots and that his daughter had got caught up in a huge web of secrets. It was described as “top tier”, and an “emotional rollercoaster”.

You can set a reminder for The Woods on Netflix here.

The Woods will be available on Netflix worldwide from June 12th. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.