Here are 35 of the best quaranmemes to come out of lockdown week two
Once again I am looking at memes just to feel something
The only respite in these trying times is Twitter dot com. Just like how people a hundred years ago in the 1920’s Spanish Influenza probably read books and made Spanish Omelettes (I don’t know I wasn’t there) to pass the time – we use quaranmemes. Say what you like about lockdown, but the Twitter pickings are fine this week, and we been eating good.
For a little bit of distraction, as a treat, here are 35 of the absolute best. When you’re reading them and laughing you may even feel the reality of being trapped in your house-cage slip away a little, and brief fleeting glimpses of serotonin returning. I cannot promise that these prescribed memes will cure your quarantine depression, but we can at least try.
1. Remember when we thought 2016 was bad
2. Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello going for their quarantine walk is a negative vibe check
3. Ye Olde Coronavirus
Also why does this sound like some shit from Game of Thrones or one of the Divergent movies. Put it back.
4. This is definitely not an essential item
5. I’m so tired. You have no idea how tired I am
6. Sum up moving back in with your family during lockdown (8 marks)
7. Can’t wait to attend Goofy’s virtual funeral
8. This is the only trend challenge I can get behind
Forward this tweet or you will die in seven days.
9. Feel like pure shit just want pints back
10. I love these repeatable formats. My name is Greg Peppers
11. No one says it like Stephen from Gogglebox says it
12. First drink out of quarantine has gotta be a good one
13. Shopping in this day and age be like making supermarket runs in a zombie film
14. I am, and I cannot stress this enough, sad
15. Quarantine is all about togetherness. Except some people really just suck
16. Lockdown can have a little Animal Crossing, as a treat
17. Lockdown for humans is Christmas for pets, prove me wrong
18. It’s the little things, you know
19. Personality = attacked
20. Horniness levels reaching maximum capacity. Overload incoming
21. Thank you Rishi, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you
22. Everyone, play nice
23. How many people will leave this lockdown with separation anxiety from Adrienne
24. I got shit to do, get off my back
25. Making little changes to keep yourself sane
26. Oh to be a woman having loud sex and coming really hard
27. It was a big one
29. Do you think a depressed person could write these captions?
Don’t @ me.
30. Gwarn Hennerz!
31. Even the despisers of PE and organised sports would be very down for a rounders game right now
32. He just wants to be friends
33. Sorry to any wedded folk out here reading this meme round up
34. And I miss them all so much
35. I have to laugh
Why do Chris Witty be looking like a cardboard cut out doe?
Please make sure you’re staying safe, staying inside and following NHS guidelines.
Related stories recommended by this writer: