Netflix doc ‘The Game Changers’ is so persuasive viewers are turning vegan

‘Bye bye meat’

Hide Images

There’s a new Netflix documentary called The Game Changers and it’s so persuasive, viewers are saying they’re going vegan after watching it.

The documentary makes a lot of claims about the benefits of following a plant-based diet. It features interviews with experts and athletes about their diets.

Since its release Twitter has gone into meltdown. Viewers have been saying they’re changing their diets and never looking back. Here’s everything you need to know about the Netflix vegan documentary, and what people are saying about it.

What is The Game Changers about?

The Game Changers is a documentary that explores the benefits of a vegan diet. The Netflix synopsis for the show reads: “Meeting visionary scientists and top athletes, a UFC fighter embarks on a quest to find the optimal diet for human performance and health.”

The one hour 52 minute documentary follows British UFC fighter James Wilks as he travels around the world, particularly looking at the benefits of a plant based diet.

Who features in The Game Changers?

The documentary is produced by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan, and James Cameron. It features Schwarzenegger, UFC fighter James Wilks, tennis player Novak Djokovic and racing driver Lewis Hamilton, who are vegan. It also features expert interviews.

Netflix

What are some of the claims the documentary makes?

The Game Changers makes some pretty big claims, suggesting that a plant-based diet is actually better for improving performance and strength than eating meat.

It also claims a vegan diet can boost erections, the protein you gets from eating a steak or a burger are actually from the plants the animal ate and people who get their protein strictly from plants reduce their risk of heart disease by 55 per cent.

Those are just a taster of some of the things the documentary says about vegan diets.

Are people really turning vegan after watching it?

Yes, people are actually changing their diet because The Game Changers documentary has persuaded them to. One tweet says:I’ve been cutting down eating meat a lot recently, and often go days full vegan, but after watching The Game Changers on Netflix I am completely sold”. Another added: “Watched The Game Changers on Netflix yesterday… it was a game changer. Today’s viewing is What The Health. Bye bye meat!”

More comments include: “Just watched the game changers on Netflix and damn. Ya boy finna go vegan” and: “Wow the Games Changers Movie has shocked me!! I mean I’m sure it’s bias but wow…some facts in there that make you think! May go vegan”.

Watch The Game Changers trailer here: