Image may contain: Jewelry, Accessory, Accessories, Face, Human, Person

Reggie Yates is producing a BBC documentary about Love Island stars’ suicides

It also focuses on The Jeremy Kyle Show

BBC Three is making a documentary about the dark side of reality TV fame, with focus on ITV stars who died by suicide after appearing on Love Island and Jeremy Kyle.

The hour long drama, called "Killed By My Fame", aims to shine a light on instant fame, toxic masculinity, social media and suicide in relation to reality TV. It will be written and presented by Reggie Yates.

The documentary follows the death of Steve Dymond, a Jeremy Kyle Show participant who died by suicide one week after filming the show, in which he failed a love-cheat lie detector test.

The documentary will also reflect on the deaths of Sophie Gradon and Mike Thalassitis who appeared on Love Island in 2016 and 2017 respectively.

Image may contain: Black Hair, Hair, Human, Person, Face

Via Instagram @sophiegradon and @mikethalassitis

Reggie Yates said: “Growing up in television I’ve continued to be fascinated by the evolution of reality TV. I’ve often questioned how affecting whirlwind fame can become once the cameras are gone.

"All too often the audience sees the glamour and popularity that comes with being in the public eye, but in this drama we explore the true impact instant fame can have. I’m delighted to be partnering with BBC Three for my television writing debut and having a further creative voice as an executive producer.”

The documentary comes about after the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) launched an investigation into the the duty of care for reality TV show participants.