Image may contain: Human, Person, Cat, Animal, Mammal, Pet, Collage, Advertisement, Poster

Until you’ve seen the Tik Tok Cat, you live an incomplete existence

I want Mr Sandman played at my wedding and funeral

Until now your life has been in two stages: Your life before you knew the Tik Tok Cat existed, and the day after you knew the Tik Tok Cat existed.

If you have no idea what we're talking about, check out the video below. Be warned, it will cause every funny video you look at from here on out to disappoint you:

As you can see, user @jade13tr has stumbled upon some 24-carat comedy gold with a video set to Mr Sandman by The Chordettes. It's so simple in its concept, yet magnificent in its execution, that you can't help but smile at it every time you see it – and I've seen it a lot.

But where did this video come from? Who is the person behind it? And why is everyone so obsessed with the Tik Tok Cat?

What is the Tik Tok Cat and where did it come from?

The video was originally posted to Tik Tok, but it quickly went viral on Twitter. Many who retweeted the video said the clip had inspired them to download the app.

That cat's name is Ed, and this is what he looks like:

Tik Tok cat, Tik Tok, mr sandman, cat, video, viral, funny, trend, twitter, meme, tik tok cat examples, mr sandman cat, funny cat video, weird video, viral video, mr sandman video, jade, captions

via Instagram (@thesandmancat)

As you can see, he's a chonky boy.

via Instagram (@thesandmancat)

Who made the Tik Tok Cat video?

The video was originally posted to Tik Tok by @jade13tr, whose name is Jade Taylor-Ryan. She's a 17-year-old from Canada.

A screenshot from one of Jade's other Tik Toks

Jade has a few other Tik Tok videos, most of which consist of the standard miming along to songs and TV audio. None of them are nearly as popular as the Sandman video.

Asked about the creation of the video, she told BuzzFeed News: "I put my phone on the floor and set a timer on it so I didn’t have to use my hands to film.

"I then timed when my cat would pop up in the frame based on the beat of the music.

"Ed is very chill! We pick him up and move him around all the time and he doesn’t really care, so I figured I would be able to do the same thing for the video. Turns out, I was right!"

Jade is a 17-year-old from Canada

Jade has since posted another video of her cat. This time he's wearing sunglasses:

She's even made Ed his very own Instagram, aptly named @thesandmancat. He has 14.3k followers, which is insane.

Tik Tok Cat meme examples