One week in, here are the 36 best Love Island 2019 memes so far

Why are these funnier than the show?!

Hide Images

Love Island 2019 is only one week in but already there's been so much drama. And with drama comes a bunch of Love Island memes.

There were iconic moments such as Lucie trying to make bev happen, Anton being compared to the guy from Shrek, and his face when Anna didn't couple up with him, Simon Cowell turning up in the villa and Sherif saying he knows Anna from Instagram. There were also memes comparing the new Islanders to old cast members, and Joe had striking similarities to Joe Goldberg from Netflix's You. They have been wild.

Here are the 36 best and funniest Love Island week one memes. Sit back and relax, because it's going to be a long hot summer of memes.

The best Love Island week one memes:

1. When Joe turned into Joe from Netflix's You

2. The Islanders know

3. YES GEMMA HUN

4. Amy and Curtis are officially the nation's sweethearts

5. Lucie please give up

6. STOP IT THIS IS TOO MUCH

7. SEND HIM IN

8. Anyone but me please

9. Help us find our girl x

10. Poor guy

11. Wow, just wow

12. Why did he say that though seriously

13. OFC ANTON WHATEVER YOU SAY

14. Waste of time really

15. This was the best TV moment of 2019

16. Accurate

17. Sorry x

18. RED. FLAGS.

19. He really wasn't ready for this one

20. Best believe it

21. Not even close Amber

22. EXCUSE ME WHAT

23. This is uncanny

24. I know you searched for it too

25. We get it Anton x

26. Am I seeing double??

27. Run Lucie, RUN

28. Cherish him x

29. Is this too much

30. Hmm yeah remember that one Tommy?

31. Shut up Lucie

32. Ready to pounce

33. YES GIRL YOU GO GIRL

34. STOP IT

35. She is all over the place

36. You can't unsee this

What time does Love Island start and when is it on?

There are more memes to come as Love Island is back on ITV2 tonight at 9pm. Love Island is on every week day, and is then available on demand on ITVHub.

On a Saturday there will be an all new show, Love Island: Unseen Bits. Iain Stirling will voice a look back at the week in the villa, recapping all the big stories, plus a selection of the best moments and previously unaired footage. This will be on from 9pm – 10:05pm.

Love Island's spin off and extra gossip show, Aftersun, will be on every Sunday at 10pm.

Tonight's Love Island episode will see the entrance of new boy Danny Williams, who will go on a date with Yewande and Amber.

For all the latest Love Island 2019 gossip and memes like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.

For hardcore fans, join our exclusive Facebook group – The Official Love Island Group Chat 2019.