659 Taxis enters administration

First Unibus, now this

Six Five Nine Taxis, one of York’s biggest taxi or private hire companies, has gone into administration.

The company which has traded in York for over 15 years provided one of the largest fleets of private hire cars in the city, whilst also providing York students with 10% discount on fares. The 10 support staff are said to have retained their jobs as well as all drivers whom are self employed.

A spokesperson did not comment on whether the arrival of Uber in York had affected their business.

Joint administrator Rob Sadler said: “Unfortunately, the business has recently suffered from management issues and cash flow problems.  This led to a creditor asking the Court to put the company into administration.

“However, it is very much business as usual for customers, staff and drivers. We have already received enquiries from a number of interested parties and we are confident that we will be able to find a buyer for the business as a going concern, so delivering the best return possible for creditors.”

The company is continuing to trade whilst the company seeks a buyer.

It’s a long walk back from Salt & Pepper, luckily there are a plethora of other York taxi companies still in business.