Hero UCL student gives out cookies in the library to celebrate finishing exams

She baked more than 300

Last night revising students were blessed with a miracle as they were handed free cookies.

First year Biomedical Sciences student Klara Höllge decided to celebrate finishing her own exams by generously baking for everyone else. It took her three hours to prepare around 300 cookies.

Everyone studying in the Cruciform hub at UCL was given a cookie to keep them going. One finalist admitted they “almost cried with joy”.

Klara and her cookies

A grateful cookie receiver told The Tab: “As soon as she walked in, I thought she was selling  the cookies. But when she came over to me and told us that they were for free, I almost cried with joy.”

Explaining her selfless act, Klara told us: “I just wanted to help other people study by giving them brain food and everyone loves cookies, so why not.

“Rather than people having to go all the way to Sainsbury’s to buy cookies, I assumed that they would appreciate someone bringing home-baked cookies to them instead.”

Is this what heaven looks like?

There was no doubt that people were more than grateful for the good deed. Christalla Hadjievangelou, another happy cookie receiver, joyfully confesses, “I wish I could’ve taken more cookies, they smelt so great.”

With people happily taking more than one (I took 10), it can be concluded that the cookie distribution was a major success.

Cookie 1 out of 10

Klara spent a total of three hours baking the cookies and had to get through eight batches in her kitchen at Arthur Tattersall accommodation.

The recipe of the cookies is currently unknown but it can be confirmed that it consisted of large amounts of sugar and peanut butter.