Image may contain: Audience, Press Conference, Person, Human, Crowd

Turning Point York fails to gain YUSU affiliate status for the third time in a row

YUSU said it would damage their reputation

Turning Point UK York will not be ratified as a YUSU society for the third time in a row, following a YUSU Societies Committee meeting on October 15th.

According to York Vision, YUSU Societies Committee meeting minutes commented on "reputational damage" occurring through the wider national organisation Turning Point UK York is associated with.

The minutes from the meeting also state "discussing right-wing politics and capitalism is something which the Committee and YUSU are happy to encourage and facilitate."

York Vision reported two previous attempts at becoming ratified by YUSU failed on the same basis of being affiliated with the national organisation. These were compared to Stand Up to Racism Society's rejected attempt at becoming YUSU ratified earlier on in the year.

Turning Point UK York are a group "committed to free markets and free speech" , they are the York branch of Turning Point UK a "student movement for free markets, limited government, personal responsibility and duty to others."

Turning Point UK followed on from Turning Point USA and started back in February 2019.

York Vision also revealed Turning Point UK York have met with YUSU Activities Officer Ollie Martin negotiate another attempt at becoming ratified by YUSU.