Jagwar Ma cancel Air3 gig

Band cancel student radio gig at last minute

The band Jagwar Ma cancelled today’s gig on Air3 Radio by email just 20 minutes before they were due to start.

The Australian indie rockers had previously agreed to appear after the on-campus radio station’s head of music Wendy Loraine emailed their booking agent.

But the band sent a last-minute cancellation email – that nobody at Air3 read until after they were due on.

The Air3 team try to get the studio ready for no-shows Jagwar Ma

Wendy, a fourth year Stirling student, told The Tab: “I checked who was currently touring Scotland and it turns out Jagwar Ma were doing a show in Glasgow, so I found their booking agent and sent an email.”

When the band failed to appear for their 11AM gig, Wendy checked her emails and was devastated to find out that the band had been called away early to a meeting with their management in Manchester. They have, however, offered to make up for it in the future with a phone interview.

“I feel like I’ve let everybody down,” she said to those who had been helping set up the studio.

A table is moved around for Jagwar Ma

The last-minute cancellation may have even come as a relief. Wendy and her were team unsure that, as a student radio station, the studio would be able to match up to the usual standard the band would expect, although they tried to get the best equipment they could to fit into the available space.

Jagwar Ma would have been the biggest name to play Air3 since Frank Turner appeared five years ago, but Wendy is still hopeful that she might pull in another big name: “I’ve also emailed Coolio’s booking agent, who said maybe when he’s next in Scotland.”