sheffield university ranking 2022

Sheffield Uni climbs two places and ranks 20th in The Times’ league table

Sheffield Hallam has fallen 10 places to rank 82nd

The Times’ and Sunday Times’ Good University Guide 2023 was released today, with the University of Sheffield ranking 20th and Sheffield Hallam ranking 82nd out of 132 universities nationally right now in 2022.

The University of Sheffield jumped up two spots to sit equal with the University of Birmingham. Depsite falling darmatically this year, Sheffield Hallam remains above the University of Greenwich, whilst also going head-to-head with St George’s.

The ranking criteria includes; teaching quality, student experience, research quality, graduate prospects and student staff ratio.

Despite it’s overall fall, Sheffield Hallam University moves up nine places to 15th in the Social Inclusion ranking, compared to the University of Sheffield‘s position at 75th.

A university’s Social Inclusion ranking takes into account the number of students from state schools and low participation areas. It also considers how many first generation, mature and disabled students attend a university, alongside students from ethnic minority backgrounds.

Within all subject rankings, 14 at the University of Sheffield sit in the top 10, with just three for Sheffield Hallam: Building (10th), Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism (9th), and Land and Property Management (6th).

The University of Sheffield also sits higher on the rankings for completion rates and teaching quality.

In response to the release of the Good University Guide, the University of Sheffield says: “Thanks to our staff and students for making us a leading global university for teaching and research excellence.”