The ultimate student guide of all the events in Notts for Halloween 2023

Get ready for a bloody good week

If you’re having a nightmare making a choice of where to go this Halloween, fear not, because Notts has got you covered. With Halloween creeping just around the corner, comes that time again when you must decide how you want to celebrate the occasion. Lucky for you, Nottingham has a plethora of spooky Halloween events to offer this year and to make it easier, we’ve curated a list of the best Halloween events happening throughout the week:

Detonate: Halloween – Saturday 28th October

One thing Notts is notorious for is its love of DnB, so if you’re a self-proclaimed raver then you’re in for a real treat. Detonate is Nottingham’s biggest Halloween rave, returning this Halloween with headliners such as Hybrid Minds, Sub-Focus and Bou and more.

This massive event at the Motorpoint Arena will guarantee you to kick this Halloween off with a serious boo-gie!

The pre-sale tickets sold out in just minutes so if you want to get yours, get it whilst you still can, general entry tickets are available here.

Rock City: Halloween All-nighter – Saturday 28th October

Now, onto the classics. Rock City is hosting its annual Halloween all-nighter. So if you’ve managed to get your claws on a ticket, brace yourself because this nine hour long evening will undoubtedly leave you haunted by ABBA songs the next day.

However, if you’re still looking to secure yourself a ticket, UniSalad will definitely be lively next week with some scary ticket offers for those brave enough. For those who can’t be tricked (or treated) into spending more on tickets on the door, then the queue will be open if you’re willing to give it a shot.

Unit 13: Halloween Eve Dirty Mondays – Monday 30th October

What better way to get down and dirty in the Halloween spirit than at Unit 13’s Dirty Mondays? With their recently renovated venue, huge festival standard upgrades have been made to their sound and light systems. There is also a brand new secret third room for you and your mates to tear up the dance floor.

While most entry tickets are sold out, the last few entry after 1am tickets are still up for grabs so if you think you can survive a hellishly lengthy pres you can get a ticket here.

Shapes: Halloween City Festival – Tuesday 31st October

After a week of events across the city, Shapes will not let you down as they host their Halloween City Festival with various events on the night of Halloween. With three venues spanning across the night, get ready to paint the town red with your mates. That being said you can get specific venue tickets for each element of the festival that you want to take part in, get Rooftop tickets for the sky bar, Warehouse tickets for Brickworks or Paraiso tickets for Shapes at the cell.

There are tickets still available for some of the venues so make secure your ticket here.

The Original Nottingham Ghost Walk

If you’re looking for something scarier than a hangover, the Original Nottingham Ghost Walk might be just that. This Original Nottingham Ghost Walk tells the story of 800 years of ghostly manifestations around the Castle Quarter of the city. Starting from the oldest pub in England, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem and finishing in the ancient haunted caves below Ye Olde Salution Inn. All the tickets were sold out for 2022 so book a walk whilst you still can!

These are but a few of the events Nottingham has to offer this Halloween but regardless of where you end up, Notts does not disappoint and you’re guaranteed to have a spooktacular week!

• I built a Halloween costume for under £10, here’s how all Notts students can too

• Six of the best group costume ideas for Notts students to try this Halloween

This is what your favourite club song says about you as a Nottingham student