The best places to brunch in Nottingham

Get that dream snap for Instagram

Fact: breakfast is the best meal of the day. Fact: brunch is the best meal to eat out for. Here is a definitive list of the best brunchin’ Notts has to offer:

Jo’s Pancake House

Pancake upon pancake, upon pancake, upon another pancake. Gotta stack em’ all.

Where: Ilkeston Road, at the end of Rothesay Avenue, Lenton.

What to get: Think Full English Breakfast, but on top of American style pancakes! Alternatively, you can go sweet and pile on the squirty cream and sprinkles.

Price range: Everything under £7.

Facebook page.

Annie’s Burger Shack 

Classic American style breakfasts done three ways: meaty, veggie and vegan. So much choice you’ll be going back for more.

Photo: ‘anniesburgershack’ on Instagram.

Where: Lace Market, city centre.

What to get: The menu is split up into sections of the States:  head Southwest for a burrito, Northwest for French Toast or delve into the deep South for home-made biscuits and gravy.

Price range: £4-8 and you can even opt for unlimited filter coffee.

Website: http://www.anniesburgershack.com/

The Pudding Pantry

All the usual suspects, but with a side of cake. Lot’s of cake.

Where: Trinity Square, City Centre.

What to get: Avocado, eggs, salmon, toast, green smoothie. Followed by a slice of vegan banana bread. Millennial Instagram goals. 

Price range: £5-£10.

Website: www.thepuddingpantry.co.uk

Crocus Cafe 

A volunteer run, non-profit, community led, veggie/vegan cafe. Hippie heaven. Make sure you wear your finest organic, chemical free, grass-fed, 100% cotton fleece.

Photo: ‘_ayrtonnn’ on Instagram.

Where: Lenton Boulevard,Lenton.

What to get: Full English vegan/veggie style- go for the tofu scramble, you will not be disappointed.

Price range: Under £5.

Website: https://www.crocuscafe.com/

Warsaw Diner 

Jo’s versus Warsaw: the pancake battle. You decide who wins.

Photo: ‘meganfaydavey’ on Instagram.

Where: Top of Derby Road, Lenton.

What to get: ‘The Bad Ass Breakfast’: double everything. Make it veggie if you’re that way inclined.

Price range: £5-£7.

Website: www.warsawdiner.co.uk

Bills 

It’s just a classic really.

Photo: ‘billsrestaurant’ on Instagram.

Where: Queen Street, City Centre. Next to the Brian Clough statue.

What to get: Anything bread. Just get bread. Then get prosecco and increase the class.

Price range: Under £10.

Website: www.bills-website.co.uk/restaurants/nottingham/

Hartley’s 

An independent, family run coffee and sandwich bar perfect for everything free: Gluten free, dairy free, and price free. Well it might as well be, seeing as everything is so cheap.

Where: Hockley.

What to get: All day breakfast (meat/veggie/vegan), maybe a bagel on the side…or a jacket potato…and a sandwich. Then a milkshake.

Price range: Under £5.

Facebook page