The best places to brunch in Nottingham

Get that dream snap for Instagram

Fact: breakfast is the best meal of the day. Fact: brunch is the best meal to eat out for. Here is a definitive list of the best brunchin’ Notts has to offer:

Jo’s Pancake House

Pancake upon pancake, upon pancake, upon another pancake. Gotta stack em’ all.

Where: Ilkeston Road, at the end of Rothesay Avenue, Lenton.

What to get: Think Full English Breakfast, but on top of American style pancakes! Alternatively, you can go sweet and pile on the squirty cream and sprinkles.

Price range: Everything under £7.

Facebook page.

Annie’s Burger Shack 

Classic American style breakfasts done three ways: meaty, veggie and vegan. So much choice you’ll be going back for more.

Photo: ‘anniesburgershack’ on Instagram.

Where: Lace Market, city centre.

What to get: The menu is split up into sections of the States:  head Southwest for a burrito, Northwest for French Toast or delve into the deep South for home-made biscuits and gravy.

Price range: £4-8 and you can even opt for unlimited filter coffee.

Website: http://www.anniesburgershack.com/

The Pudding Pantry

All the usual suspects, but with a side of cake. Lot’s of cake.

Where: Trinity Square, City Centre.

What to get: Avocado, eggs, salmon, toast, green smoothie. Followed by a slice of vegan banana bread. Millennial Instagram goals. 

Price range: £5-£10.

Website: www.thepuddingpantry.co.uk

Crocus Cafe 

A volunteer run, non-profit, community led, veggie/vegan cafe. Hippie heaven. Make sure you wear your finest organic, chemical free, grass-fed, 100% cotton fleece.

Photo: ‘_ayrtonnn’ on Instagram.

Where: Lenton Boulevard,Lenton.

What to get: Full English vegan/veggie style- go for the tofu scramble, you will not be disappointed.

Price range: Under £5.

Website: https://www.crocuscafe.com/

Warsaw Diner 

Jo’s versus Warsaw: the pancake battle. You decide who wins.

Photo: ‘meganfaydavey’ on Instagram.

Where: Top of Derby Road, Lenton.

What to get: ‘The Bad Ass Breakfast’: double everything. Make it veggie if you’re that way inclined.

Price range: £5-£7.

Website: www.warsawdiner.co.uk

Bills 

It’s just a classic really.

Photo: ‘billsrestaurant’ on Instagram.

Where: Queen Street, City Centre. Next to the Brian Clough statue.

What to get: Anything bread. Just get bread. Then get prosecco and increase the class.

Price range: Under £10.

Website: www.bills-website.co.uk/restaurants/nottingham/

Hartley’s 

An independent, family run coffee and sandwich bar perfect for everything free: Gluten free, dairy free, and price free. Well it might as well be, seeing as everything is so cheap.

Where: Hockley.

What to get: All day breakfast (meat/veggie/vegan), maybe a bagel on the side…or a jacket potato…and a sandwich. Then a milkshake.

Price range: Under £5.

Facebook page

University of Nottingham

The Tab Nottingham

last seen today at 09:52

Get breaking Notts gossip straight to your WhatsApp

Find out everything going down in Lenton, this week’s hottest Hallward gossip, and which bouncers to avoid in town. Straight into your DMs. 😘