Nottingham rises in the rankings for the first time in eight years

Trent dropped 10 places

In a ranking that actually makes sense for once, Nottingham has shot up four places to sit just outside the top 20.

The team behind TheCompleteUniversityGuide.co.uk has released its 2016/2017 university league tables this morning and things look promising for Nottingham.

The rankings are decided on criteria such as Student Satisfaction, Research Quality, Student: Staff Ratio, Spending on Student Facilities and Graduate Prospects to name a few. While the University of Nottingham has seen a general downward trend – falling from #14 to #25 over the last eight years – this could be changing.

This year we have risen four places to 21st. It is the first time the University has risen in the ranks in over a decade.

Though it is not such a great result for our Trent counterparts. One of the years’ biggest fallers, Nottingham Trent University has descended ten places to 63.

Trent probably stole the I after hearing the result

Maybe this is the turnaround for UoN. We have seen recent success with climbing the international tables with being ranked within the top one per cent of all universities worldwide and getting placed 70th in the QS World University Rankings 2015–16.

For the moment all we can do is enjoy the result and hope it continues onto next year.