Second year wakes up in Barcelona after night out at Trent SU

It was a Messi night

A Notts second year got so drunk on a night out at Trent SU he woke up the next day 800 miles away in Barcelona.

Law student Otis Lloyd decided to take an impromptu trip to the Spanish city in the early hours of Sunday morning after being kicked out of the club for fighting and inadvertently being taken by taxi to East Midlands Airport.

Otis in Barcelona yesterday

Otis could be taking advantage of his plight by visiting the Nou Camp stadium or the Sagrada Familia church, but he is being forced to do laundry so he has somewhere to stay. To compound the situation, he is now stuck in Spain after his flight home today was cancelled due to an Air Traffic Control strike in France.

Speaking to The Tab, Otis said: “I got kicked out of Trent SU for fighting and then tried to find a warehouse for a party but the lift I got took me to East Midlands Airport, so I just bought a flight I think. Pretty sure it was the cheapest but I’ve always wanted to go here anyway.

“I was absolutely bollocksed but the last thing I remember is waking up on the plane. I tried to ask them to turn the plane around but they said no. I then woke up at like 5:00pm on Sunday so obviously I must have had a late one.

The view from Otis’ hostel

“No idea when I left the SU or anything like that. I had no idea you could still go to the airport and get tickets, thought they had to be booked well in advance but apparently not. I’m currently still in Barcelona. I’ve managed to find a hostel to stay at, but I have to do the laundry for rent. I just had to buy food from the supermarket and cook it in the microwave. My loan dropped but I need to save money so it’s a bit peak.”

Otis was due to fly back home yesterday, but received an email last night with the tragic news that his flight had been cancelled, and is still yet to tell his mum about the predicament he finds himself in. “I asked her for the money for a flight back and said it was for some books, couldn’t have her knowing what it was actually for. I don’t know how to tell her, she’ll worry so I’ll tell her when I get back. With the flight being cancelled I’m fucked, I can only hope the hostel lets me stay on. I can’t wait to get home.”

Cheers Ryanair

“Flight was £70 out here but it’s fine, my student loan dropped the other day and I’ve got a bursary in a few weeks. I just think it’s hilarious so I’m not too fussed really. Life is not about the amount of breaths you take, it’s about the moments that take your breath away, and my breath has been taken away, that’s for sure.”