Chapel in Platt Fields to be converted into nine-bed luxury home

Imagine living in Platt Fields

Platt Chapel in Platt Fields is on the market to be renovated into a deluxe house.

Located between Owen’s Park and the Curry Mile, the dusty building we pass every day is on the market for a whopping £350,000 on local estate company Philip James Kennedy.

While we may just love the random building for it’s vintage kilo sales, but it actually has a rich history dating back to the early 1700s. Officially, it’s considered to be one of the most ancient constructions in Manchester.

The squatters heaven in Platt Fields is turning into a swanky home

Many of the Chapel’s structures remain unspoiled. Key features remaining in their original condition include the arched ceiling and the stained glass windows. Fascinatingly enough, an old document states that meat and alcoholic beverages were required materials to build the property.

Microbiology second year Adam told The Tab: “It’s all really sad and I’m gutted. I’m going to miss the the vintage kilo sale bargains”.

First year Dominic was equally pissed off: “I can’t believe they would take away this antique landmark and put it in private hands”.