Holidays Are Coming!: Xmas Market in the Quad

Hark now hear the angels sing, the Christmas market’s here!

UCL students got into the holiday spirit today by flocking to the Xmas market in the quad.

Students were able to indulge in a casual glass of mulled wine, browse classic Xmas knitwear and have a go on an artificial ice rink as part of the market.

Later tonight there will be performance from UCL societies on a stage erected in front of the Wilkins building, and the Dean of Students will be on hand to switch on the festive lights.

Ellen Derbyshire, a 2nd year Physics student, told The Tab:

“There was a lovely atmosphere at the market, very festive, with Xmas songs and mulled wine, bit expensive though, but everyone can make an exception for mulled wine.”

However not everyone was so enamored with the spread put on. Henry Costello, a 2nd year Theoretical Physics student, said:

“As an ice skater, the addition of an ice rink that you wouldn’t be able to fit a triple salchow in was very disappointing. And as a London student, the fact that every item of food was a quarter of my weekly food budget wasn’t great. A couple of glasses of mulled wine will solve that problem though.”

The market appears to have been a success, with a steady stream of students passing through all day. Beats going to lectures.