A guide to the best happy hours in Leeds

For when you’re feeling more boujée than RPP but have already spent your student loan on shite

Happy hour is the perfect time to catch up with friends, new and old, for first dates, and for the nights when Beaverworks and Mischief seem like way too much effort. Most happy hours begin early evening, so you can at least pretend you’re going to attend your 9am and head to Eddy B the next morning, and that you’re not going to end up in someone’s kitchen at 4am.

East Village

In the middle of Hyde Park hides The East Village, where quite literally every Leeds boy on Hinge will take you for your first date. They have 2 for £10 on all their cocktails every day from 6pm-8pm, and ‘2 for 1’ on select drinks all night every day of the week. They’ve also got board games and a quiz night every Sunday, if you’re looking for a different sort of vibe.

The Wardrobe

Offering two for £12 cocktails all day every day, and bottomless brunch on Saturdays, The Wardrobe is music and comedy venue turned restaurant and bar. The food is class too if you need some grub to sober yourself up too.

Waterlane Boathouse

Situated on the canal with great views and a waterside courtyard, Waterlane Boathouse offers two for £12 cocktails 4pm-7pm on Monday-Thursday and all day on Sundays, as well as 50 per cent off their pizza menu on Sundays (which  is banging).

Distrikt

An underground bar turned event space hidden near Briggate. It has a peng courtyard and two for £12 cocktails on weekdays from 5pm-10pm, along with £3 shots, pints and singles on a Friday. Stay late for some of the best techno in Leeds.

Headrow House

Another Hinge date favourite, Headrow House is home to objectively the best rooftop in Leeds, with good music and two for £12 cocktails all day, everyday. They also have the best gourmet kebabs from The Ox Club to line your stomach.

Belgrave Music Hall

The Belgrave vs Headrow House debate will forever divide the students of Leeds. What wins about Belgrave for me is the pizza from Dough Boys, if you’ve had it, you’ll defo agree. They offer the same as their enemy, Headrow, and the pizza is half price from 12pm-5pm every day.

Victoria Social

A relatively recent addition to Hyde Park, Victoria Social on Victoria Road has quickly become a popular student venue with ‘2 for 1’ on selected cocktails and 15 per cent off all drinks with valid student ID. Perfect opportunity to support a local buisness and get pissed at the same time.

Honourable mentions go to All Bar One, Slug and Lettuce, The Lost and Found Club and Turtle Bay that all have banging happy hours which are all also fab choices.