Image may contain: LCD Screen, Shoe, Footwear, Screen, Display, Electronics, Monitor, Cafeteria, Clothing, Apparel, Food, Food Court, Restaurant, Human, Person

STOP RIGHT THERE: There’s a new Bubble Tea stand in the Union

Take my coins

Yesssss, you are reading that correct – a brand new BUBBLE TEA shop has just opened on the ground floor of Leeds University Union! Depending on whether you actually like Bubble Tea, it is either the best or worst thing to happen to you this semester.

Image may contain: Wood, Plywood, Shelf, Human, Person

I'm not sure about you, but I was getting slightly tired of the lattes from Essentials. Did you need something a bit less health kick and a bit more sugar rush to get you through a long day at uni? I know I did.

Pearls Bubble Tea serves THE most delicious range of fruit and milk teas with peculiar but satisfying sweet tapioca popping balls, with flavours ranging from passion fruit and lychee to chocolate and coffee.

The original drink was invented in Taiwan and Taichung in the 1980s and became popular in North America in the late 90s.

However, if you've never tried it, it really is an experience.

My friend compared the sensation of the popping balls to "frogspawn exploding in my mouth." Interesting. But don't let that put you off.

They even serve a frozen rose lemonade flavour which I can confirm is extremely peng. So switch your daily coffee to one of these beauties, and watch your blood sugar levels rocket.

One word of warning though – I would not recommend sneaking them into the library. They're flipping loud to drink.