Image may contain: Person, Human

The Leeds Rag Fashion show era has officially begun

The most fashionable event of the year is back with a glittery bang

Leeds Rag Fashion Show launched with a glittery bang on Thursday and we were there, soaking up the fashion and the alcohol.
The party looked like a VOGUE look-book had exploded and you best believe we were taking notes so that ya'll will be the very best dressed on campus.

The girls in up-cycled, vintage sports jackets thrown over figure-hugging dresses were expectedly on-trend. But the guys, in gaudy tailored shirts with chunky vertical stripes of colour, was an unexpected summer hang-over. Warmed up with heavy denim and a drink in hand, this surprise shirt gives us clues that LRFS is going to be bang on the money for what to wear next season.

If you can’t get to New York in the spring, we suggest you go support LRFS on February the 28th to clue yourself in to the smart purchases come summer.

Now we have a date and we've been given a glimpse of the technicolour shoots over on their Instagram, we're just waiting for the Theme Reveal on the 11th and to Meet the Models – keep an eye out for more updates.

We managed to get a few words with the models, in between bouts of beer-pong and a heart-stopping amount of doughnuts. This is what they had to say:

Jack Symons, a third-year Illustration student and one of the models this year, said he hadn’t walked a catwalk before, however, he did share:

"I did once do a naked photo shoot for a friend. It was pretty alright, just weird holding a melon in front of my dick. It’s not much different to what I do now though – poll-dancing at Viaduct. Pictures? Yeah, I think there are somewhere."

We don’t know if fruit will be involved in LRFS, but if it is, Jack has the experience! He told me his charity calendar would be coming out next year (not really).

Jess Cammock-Swaine, a History of Art student and first-time model, talked less about stripping off like the lads, and more about the feeling of the show:

"It’s just got such a great atmosphere like there’s a real feeling that everyone here is in it together. And everyone has been really helpful for people like me who hadn’t done this before! I also think there’s a big investment from everyone in the charities – it’s right at the core of this."

The charities are of course Behind Closed Doors and Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund, who do unmatched, cutting-edge support and research in two life-altering situations.

There was a massive buzz at the party, and you could tell from the style of the models and enthusiasm of the committee members, this is going to be one to watch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq68-EpFD6e