Leeds named ‘best student social life in the country’

Well, naturally

Leeds has been named as one of the best student towns for social life in the country.

Leeds was ranked joint highest ranked institutions for social life along side, Newcastle, Cardiff and Sheffield.

The rankings, made by the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey, has said Leeds is ranked sixth in the UK overall.

The Union was also ranked joint second in the country, making it the sixth year in a row Leeds Uni has ranked in the top 10.

Students also ranked the university’s campus environment, student union, social life and extra-curricular activities and societies as being particularly strong.

Proffesor Vivien Jones, the university’s pro vice chancellor for student education, said: “What shines through yet again is the contribution and active role that students and the union play in making this university a dynamic, ambitious and popular place to study.

“Because of our size and diversity, we offer not just a fantastic choice of degree programmes but also a huge range of inspiring experiences and activities.”

The survey asked more than 15,000 undergraduates on 21 areas of student life including the quality of the library, structure of courses and community atmosphere.