Work on the Eden Project Morecambe to start this week

The project is set to open in 2025

It has been announced that the Eden Project Morecambe will partially open by the end of 2025.

Tim Narey, the project’s director, has said activity may be seen on the site of the project this week.

Narey also stated at a meeting of Lancaster and District Chamber of Trade that parts of the project may be open earlier if completed, but it will certainly be partially open by Christmas 2025.

The Eden Project Morecambe (previously Eden Project North) construction team begins preparatory ground work as of this week, and has informed the community of Morecambe of the construction schedule.

Speaking about the project the meeting, Narey hopes that it will regenerate Morecambe and “put the area back on the map”.

Some businesses within Lancaster and Morecambe have raised concerns about what the project could do for businesses and the economy. However, the project’s director is certain the effects will only be positive, drawing similarities to the Eden Project Cornwall which has “transformed the economy”.

“There will be interesting projects all around the bay to draw people here – it’s just going to be an amazing all round destination for the north west”, Narey further stated at the meeting.

Despite this positive news, there have been concerns as to how the project will affect people currently living within Morecambe. As the project attracts more tourism, people may find they have to leave their homes if they can no longer afford to reside there. In response to these questions addressed to Narey, he stated that the people of Morecambe will have to be “realistic and willing to change”.

Tim Narey made sure to thank the city council, Lancashire County Council, Lancashire Enterprise Partnership and Lancaster University and stated that the bid for the project “wouldn’t have happened without them”.

Related articles recommended by this writer: