Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Getting paid to kick guys in the balls and break your own ankles: The reality of being a dominatrix

How much would you pay someone to kick you in the balls?

Financial domination, a sexual fetish where a submissive (usually an older man), sends gifts and money to their dominant. Unlike the sugar daddy setup, there's no expectation of company and/or sexual favours from the younger woman making this phenomenon slightly more intriguing.

Men pay to be noticed by their FinDoms and then request humiliation, which can be anything from being made to strip naked, wear women's underwear, or going cash machines and getting kicked in the balls whilst they withdraw money for their dominant.

The earnings of those involved can vary, depending on how committed they are and what they are willing to do. Sometimes you could up with a one-off sum of thousands of pounds for carrying out some crazy acts, and on other occasions you could be sell your worn underwear for anything between £20-100. In short, financial domination is a pretty spenny fetish.

Image may contain: Female, Person, People, Human

We've all watermarked our selfies right?

I wanted to find out more about this world, and after doing some simple Twitter research, I came across Huntress Diamond. Huntress Diamond is an active dominatrix, so I spoke with her and asked her to recall some of her experiences.

Huntress Diamond, 21, has 10,000 avid followers on Twitter, a $50 minimum "initial tribute" to become her sub, and the hashtag "married" in her bio. She confirmed with me that she is in fact married, and her husband is both aware and supportive of her venture. Huntress described FinDom as "controlling your submissive's finances for nothing in return".

Huntress only found out that FinDom existed around a year ago, and since entering the world that time, she's been asked to do all sorts, but politely declined the $1,000 offer to break her own ankles and walk on crutches.

Huntress has been working another job since June 2017, but said how much she loves FinDom, and how it can feel like another job sometimes. FinDom didn't seem to be viewed as a "get rich quick" scheme for Diamond. She is happy to be building relationships, and becoming an admirable figure within the community. She noted that some submissives are very needy, so it can be difficult to make time for sessions whilst juggling day-to-day life alongside it.

Diamond's family aware that she FinDoms, and she's more than happy to tell people and doesn't feel she has anything to hide.

Upon talking to Huntress, I got the impression that her submissives seemed vulnerable, and I couldn't help but feel like they were being exploited. Diamond argued that the men involved are making their own decisions on their own free will, and are never being forced to do anything that don’t want to. According to Huntress, being a dominatrix is not about that, and they don't go out looking to force vulnerable people down this path.

I asked if she would suggest FinDom to people at university who have taken to entry level dominatrixing, but the idea was sharply shut down. The idea that people would get into just for the money was not a popular one. Despite this, many young girls have ignored this; my research showed me that one Dominatrix at university in England was gifted a BMW from a dedicated donor.

Huntress Diamond had shown me a world of financial sexual fetish for which I felt I was barely scratching the surface. I sympathised with her, and with her sincerity, but I couldn't shake the idea that many of the sub's partaking in Financial Domination were in some way being taken advantage of.

A Twitter search of FinDom Edinburgh reveals a plethora of "Full Time Brats" and "Verified Princesses" offering the fetish locally, and I think we can all agree that we could do with some Wetherspoons Subs. Has your flatmate had a lot of cash to splash recently?