Meet the models of Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show 2014

The models of this year’s ECFS reveal all to The Tab.

| UPDATED ECFS models

Ever wondered what’s going on behind the pretty faces of catwalk models? Here are our first few interviews with three of Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show’s beautiful people. Read on as we grill them on fashion, guilty pleasures and tuna as we get to know a little bit more about them.

L’Homme:

First, meet Benjamin Aluwihare. This half Sri-Lankan first year, defined by his big bouncy locks, dreams of acting. With good looks and the brain of a Philosophy and Politics student we’re sure he’ll get there!

“Have you got my clothes?” he wonders, staring through the wet glass.

So Benjamin, have you done any modelling before?

Yeah I’ve done a bit in Sri-Lanka at Colombo Fashion Week. Runway and a few shoots.

Do you want to keep modelling in the future then?

Yeah, it’s good money!

So would you say that you’re good looking?

Ha! Okay, yeah.. that’s a horrible question..

What would you say are your best and worst features?

Oh my god.. My hair, I guess is distinctive. My worst features? I don’t know, my teeth.. yeah, they’ve been troubling me.

What would you say is your signature style?

Probably quite laid-back! I’m not really the most fashionable person..

Who’s your idol in the fashion world?

Well because I like acting, I guess I quite like the style of a lot of actors at the moment.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Chocolate.

Would you rather live off tuna for a month or shave off all of your hair?

Live off tuna.

What’s your ideal hangover breakfast?

Oh, I don’t usually do breakfast. I don’t know, cereal? Toast? I don’t really think about eating.

If you could be someone else for the day, who would it be and why?

Err, I don’t really know. Probably a successful actor of some sort, but no one in particular.

Finally what would be your words to live by?

Do everything that you do right and make sure that you put your all into it.

Les Femmes:

Next we speak to Yasamin Taylor Salah, a History of Art student in her third year. Half Arab – half Scottish with Delevigne-esque eyebrows, Yasamin has modelled from a young age.

Strong brows.

Have you done any modelling before this?

Yeah, since I was thirteen. I lived in Jordan so I did a few magazines and photo shoots over there. Then I’ve also done a tiny bit since being here at university.

That’s a lot of experience! Do you want to continue modelling in future then?

Maybe, we’ll see what happens.

Would you say that you’re good looking?

No, I’m atrocious.

What are your best and worst features?

My worst is my giraffe neck, it’s very long. Then also my tardiness, I always show up late. ‘I’ll be there in five minutes’ translates to an hour and a half. Then I don’t know about my best..

You have amazing eyebrows..

Do I? Ok, I’ll go for that.

Grandma chic.

So who would your idol be in the fashion world?

Leandra Medine. She doesn’t go for typical sexual outfits like a lot of people. She’s more high-fashion and conservative, it’s much more creative.

Do you have a guilty pleasure?

Reality TV! The Kardashians, Towie, Big Brother.. actually, I’d rather you didn’t put that last one, that’s really embarrassing!

Big brother is pretty awful! But what about Made in Chelsea?

Oh, Made in Chelsea definitely!

Would you rather live off tuna for a month of shave off all of your hair?

Oh my god. Tuna of course, no brainer! I do love tuna.

What’s your ideal hangover breakfast?

Burger, milkshale, fries. The burger has to have cheese and bacon and everything on it!

If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be and why?

I don’t want to give a generic answer but Beyonce. Or maybe Blue Ivy? It would be good being her child for a day!

And finally what are your words to live by?

Something that my mum taught me – always treat others as you want to be treated yourself.

Blonde and beautiful and another student of history of art, meet Fenella! A little more shy than her fellow models, she also spent time growing up in Jordan. Must be in the water?

So Fenella, have you done any modelling before?

No, I haven’t.

But is it something that you’d like to keep doing in future?

No! Well.. I don’t know. I just thought it would be fun for Uni. I’m more interested in the restoration of old paintings.

Whatever I have in my wardrobe! Jeans and a t-shirt usually. Just really casual!

Who is your idol in the fashion world?

Oh my gosh.. I’m just going to say Alexa Chung because I have no idea.

Yes, we all love Alexa! ..Would you say that you’re good looking?

No.

I have no idea! I have a lisp, which isn’t too good, I don’t know if that counts as a feature. I don’t know my best feature, maybe my hair.

What’s your guilty pleasure?

Ben and Jerry’s – Chocolate Brownie flavour.

Oh no, It’s all about the cookie dough! Would you rather live off tuna for a month or shave off all of your hair?

Live off tuna.

What’s your ideal hangover breakfast?

Mc Donalds.

Jennifer Lawrence because she’s quite funny. She’s really cool as well.

And last but not least, what would be your words to live by?

The world is your oyster.

Stay tuned to The Tab to meet more of the lovely models of the ECFS in upcoming articles!

Remember that tickets for the Fashion Show are on sale now. Head over to the Facebook page for more details! https://www.facebook.com/EdiFashionShow?fref=ts

Photos © Christopher Rubey, 2013 – www.chrisrubey.com