Cardiff Uni to host an event raising awareness about hate crimes and how to report them

It’ll happen in the CSL between 2pm and 4pm tomorrow

Cardiff University is hosting a hate crime awareness event in the Centre for Student Life tomorrow (19th October).

The event a collaboration between the university’s Disclosure Response Team and Victim Support Hate Crime Team Wales for National Hate Crime Awareness Week.

During the event, students will be able to learn about what constitutes a hate crime, how to report one, and also the confidential services available to them, internally and externally.

There is also the opportunity to meet members of the Disclosure Response Team, a fully-trained team who are part of the university’s Student Health and Wellbeing service. They will explain more about the support they offer to students who have experienced any form of violence, abuse, or other behaviour that could be distressing or offensive.

All staff and students are able to attend the event, and there is no need to book.

It will take place between 2pm and 4pm.

Victim Support Hate Crime Team Wales says: “The core value of the week is to stand in solidarity with those affected by hate crime, to remember those we have lost, and support those who need ongoing support.”