Cambridge University ranks third in The Times Good University Guide 2024

Cambridge remains at third place whilst St Andrews overtakes Oxford at the top spot

Cambridge University has ranked third out of 132 UK Universities in The Times Good University Guide 2024, ranking the same as it did the previous year.

St Andrews University, which ranked second in 2023, has overtaken Oxford at the top spot with a total score of 1000. Cambridge, with 969 total points, sits right below Oxford’s 976 and above LSE’s 954.

Though it ranked below them in total, Cambridge achieved higher scores than Oxford and St Andrews in multiple categories. At 99.2 per cent, Cambridge has the highest continuation rate, beating Oxford’s 98.5 per cent. In research quality (69.7 per cent) and graduate prospects (93.4 per cent), Cambridge ranked second to Imperial College London.

In The Guardian University Guide 2024, published on 9th September, Cambridge also ranked third to St Andrews and Oxford respectively. Whilst St Andrews scored 100/100, Oxford scored 96.5/100 and Cambridge scored 94.8/100.

Visit The Times Good University Guide to see the complete league table for 2024.

Cambridge University tops the list of most Instagrammable universities in the UK

UCU confirms end of marking boycott

What is it really like to study at Cambridge University?