The University of Bristol has announced it will be giving £100 to students and you could be eligible

‘My bills cost around £80 a month so I guess it’s going on bills’

The University of Bristol has announced it will be giving £100 to all students who receive either the highest level of the University of Bristol Bursary, the Access to Bristol Bursary or the Bristol Scholars Bursary

It is only offered to those living outside of a university residence in order to to reflect additional costs faced by those living in private accommodation (transport costs, energy bills etc.)

The university explains this gift to students is to help make “life a little easier” as the cost of living crisis continues. 

This information was sent to all students in an email titled “Welcome back/Spring term 2023”. It includes information about the budget food options available in the Hawthorns Community Café and reminds them free showers and access to water fountains can be found on campus. 

A third year politics and sociology student who is eligible for the money expressed to The Bristol Tab: “£100 doesn’t go a long way at the moment but it’s better than nothing.” 

When asked what they will be spending it on they replied: “My bills cost around £80 a month so I guess it’s going on bills”. At least buy yourself a pint too.

If you are eligible for this money, you don’t need to do anything. The funds will arrive in your bank account in late January. 

To help students with the rising cost of living so far the university has offered £1 meals and free period products around campus.