Bristol University to offer £1 meals and free period products to support students through the cost-of-living crisis

This option is not available in Senate House Marketplace

The University of Bristol will be providing low cost, hot meals and free period products to students around campus from Monday 7 November in an attempt to support students through the cost-of-living crisis.

An email sent out to students explains that a soup and roll will be available for £1 at all Source Cafés and the Balloon Bar in the Richmond Building, Monday to Friday. Vegan options for the soup will also be provided.

This option is not available in Senate House Marketplace and students need to present a U-card to prove their status as student attending the university.

More cheaper food options are being introduced and students can get a £2 hot lunch from the Source-on-the-Go “Cater pod” located outside the Balloon Bar at the Richmond Building, 11 am – 2 pm, Monday to Friday.

Cheaper hot food options will also be arriving at Stoke Bishop. Students can have a jacket potato and beans for £2 from the Source Café at the Hiatt Baker bus hub, Monday to Saturday.

Bristol University has also announced that they will be providing “free sustainable period products in University and Bristol Students’ Union bathroom facilities in both the Clifton and Langford campuses”.

Students have previously expressed their outrage regarding the support which the university is providing in regard to the cost-of-living crisis and have said “it is not good enough”.