Two men arrested following viral ‘drink spiking’ video in Bristol Pryzm

The video which was first shared last Thursday has since been deleted from social media

Two men have been arrested following a video that has been widely shared on social media appearing to show something being dropped into a woman’s drink in Pryzm.

The two men, both from Gloucestershire, are just 18 and have been arrested on “suspicion of administering a noxious substance”.

In the video, a man appears to reach for his drink. As he does so, he hovers above a woman’s drink and drops something into her drink.

The incident took place at Pryzm on Canon’s Road

The incident came to light last Thursday, as it was shared widely across Twitter and Instagram. The video has since been deleted from social media.

Despite ongoing rumours about the identity of the perpetrator being a UWE student, UWE have repeatedly confirmed, the rumoured person is not a UWE student and stressed this is a police matter.

Avon and Somerset Police has said enquiries are ongoing. They are appealing for anyone else with information which could help to call 101 and quote reference number 5221228105.

They went on to say: “If you believe your drink has been tampered with on a night out we’d recommend alerting bar or security staff at the venue, reporting the incident to police by calling 101 and seeking immediate medical advice. The same applies if you’re with someone and believe their drink has been tampered with.

“Adding a substance to someone’s drink without their knowledge or permission is a serious offence, especially if used for the commission of other offences, and could result in serious harm if the person suffers an adverse reaction.”

The subjects in the featured image are not related to the story