Chris Packham is coming to Bristol

Kind of a big deal

A fledgling university society has managed to bag one of the biggest names in wildlife television to give a talk to students, WildFilmSoc have only existed for two years but are already organising events from some of the best in the business.

We all know that Bristol is renowned for its wildlife documentaries, with the BBC Natural History unit based minutes from campus, but prior to the society being established the university’s links with wildlife film were virtually nonexistent.

Chris Packham is a world renowned naturalist, author and television presenter, he’s made countless appearances on T.V, helping to communicate his awe of the natural world with the general public. Only a few months ago he visited Bristol for the Wildscreen festival, winning the Christopher Parson award for outstanding achievement and caused mayhem with the sell out talk ‘In conversation with Sir David Attenborough’.

The wildlife film society are privileged to have been able to tempt him back to Bristol to give a talk entitled, ‘I – conserve… a year in phone photographs’. Promising to be a modern and witty take on the world of wildlife, he will be taking us through a range of relevant topics all shown through his personal phone photographs from the last year.

The talk will take place on the 7th of February at  6:30pm in the Priory Road complex lecture theatre.

Tickets are available now from the SU website and are free from members and just £5 for non-members. This is an unusual and exciting opportunity so make sure you don’t miss out!