Love Island’s Hugo Hammond is joining the Uni of Birmingham as a sports science lecturer

He’ll be joining at the start of the next academic year

The Tab Birmingham can reveal that Love Island 2021’s Hugo Hammond will be coming to the University of Birmingham as a brand new lecturer.

Hugo Hammond is best known for his appearance on series seven of Love Island, on which he lasted six weeks. Before he moved into the villa and started grafting, he worked as a trainee PE teacher at a school in Devon. He studied Sports Coaching at Oxford Brookes university, graduating in 2019.

For all you sports students out there, watch out as the famous face might be in your lecture theatre soon. The Love Island star is going to be joining the University of Birmingham in the September next year as a lecturer in Sports and Exercise Sciences.

The Birmingham Tab approached Hugo Hammond for comment. He said: “I am excited to take up this position with the University of Birmingham. I am passionate about sports and fitness, and one of my goals in the next few years is to introduce a Birmingham Uni Sports Day, where students and staff compete in egg & spoon and beanbag races.”

Love Island fans will of course remember the Sports Day episode in Hugo’s 2021 series, where Hugo led his team to victory. It gave us the classic meme of Toby lifting weights afterwards to enjoy.

Avril, a first year sports science student, told us she “was surprised when she heard the news of Mr Hammond joining UoB.” The student continues to say she “was more likely to go to office hours now it’s with a celebrity from Love Island.”

You might want to check the date, you April Fools x

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Featured image via Instagram @hugo_hammond