Bridgerton cast first instagram

A look back in time at the cringey first Instagram posts of the Bridgerton cast

Our fave celebrities are just as cringe as the rest of us

Fans have been impatiently awaiting the release of Bridgerton’s season three. The introduction of new characters, or even reintroducing the old cast, may cause viewers to once again delve into researching the lives of these stars.

On screen, they portray elegant, classy individuals, attending balls and attaining “the diamond of the season”. But, how do the actors differ? If you’ve ever wondered about the past lives of your favourite actors then you’ve come to the right place.

Luckily for us, many of the cast have refrained from removing old photos – so, we just have to take a look. It seems only right to. Here’s a look back in time at the Bridgerton cast and their first Instagram posts:

Nicola Coughlan

Nicola’s first Instagram post, from all the way back in 2016, displays a few theatre roles she has performed for #LoveTheatreDay. The three split-style editing is so 2000s and just so fitting. It’s so wholesome knowing how joyful she looks on stage from such a young age. You can tell she was meant to be a star from day one.

Jonathan Bailey

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by JONATHAN BAILEY (@jbayleaf)

Upsettingly for the fans, none of Jonathan’s first Instagram post are embarrassing. In one of his earliest posts, the actor is seen topless with a surfboard posing in front of a sunset. It appears as if not one bad picture exists of this man – so unfair. Or maybe he just, cleverly, did a deep clean of his Instagram because of people like us.

Simone Ashley

I must admit, Simone’s actual first Instagram post is of her bloody leg after an accident; I personally don’t think anyone wants to see that in this post. So – here’s her second ever post! Using a classic 2010s-esque boomerang, the star is seen wearing a biker helmet, displaying the words “Screw you”. A surprising shift from a biker aesthetic, to playing a Viscountess in the Georgian era.

Luke Newton

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Luke Newton (@lukenewtonuk)

My personal favourite, Luke’s first Instagram post referencing the show Brooklyn 99. In this blurry picture he looks off into the distance of Brooklyn, New York, captioning the post: “Looking for the 99th precinct”. When worlds collide.

Golda Rosheuvel

We can’t stalk the Bridgerton cast and their first Instagram posts without taking a deep dive into the iconic Golda Rosheuvel’s social media footprint. Golda’s first post is definitely the most fitting, revealing the release of the first season of Bridgerton in 2020. I can’t believe it was already almost four years ago now, and now look at them all thriving in the third season.

Bessie Carter

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Bessie Carter (@missbessb)

Bessie’s first Instagram post travels all the way back to 2016, when the star was 23 years old. From seeing this post, it’s clear that the actress has aged like fine wine; in the new season of Bridgerton she is looking as beautiful as ever!

Adjoa Andoh

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Adjoa Andoh (@adjoa.andoh)

An interesting first post from Adjoa over here. Perhaps the star was feeling camera shy, or maybe she just wanted to show off some fresh raspberries. No complaints from me, they look great. I’m hungry now.

Polly Walker

Polly’s first post is one of the more recent ones, posted in 2021. Someone’s been cleaning up their feed. The actress is seen posing in a gorgeous white dress, captioning the post “A lovely evening at the SAG Awards”.

Florence Hunt

In Florence’s first Instagram post, she flexes one of her many achievements, this one being her involvement in Netflix’s Cursedin 2020. It’s always heartwarming to see the Bridgerton cast thriving in various other roles, despite their amazing depictions of characters in the show itself.

Part one of Bridgerton season three is available on Netflix now. For more like this look into the Bridgerton cast and their first Instagram posts and all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Dearest gentle readers, here’s a definitive ranking of your Bridgerton season three faves

Historical expert reveals just how accurate the spicy sex scenes in Bridgerton really are

Wait – did Penelope give Colin a major clue she’s Whistledown in THIS Bridgerton scene?

Featured images via @jbayleaf,